LukTheGerman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

I am completely new to YT talk so I am hopefully posting in the right category here.

I started my YT gaming channel a couple days ago. I am streaming on Mixer and wanted to do highlight videos on YT for some more traffic.
This morning I created a channel Intro video so people get a better idea of what this channel is going to be about.

I could really use some feedback regarding the video. It is a pretty simple video, not a lot of skilled editing involved, but maybe something catches your eyes that I should improve.

Thank you for the feedback.

The vide:

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi,

first of all, welcome to YouTube and YT Talk..

Although I don't think you need or I don't really see the worth in a channel intro video. The reason I don't like Channel Intro videos is.. they only work when the channel or person is well known and you are advertising a new channel to an already obtained fan base. I would probably look at making the content you are going to be making, people will probably not search or stumble across an intro video, they will however, find the videos you make if you market them well.

You could, when you have enough footage, make a channel highlights/Advert video which you can have as your featured channel video, which shows the best bits of your channel and what people can expect if they subscribe...

This is just my opinion and there is not right or wrong answer to this.

I will review the video from a pure viewer and editor basis..

Positives;
  • The clips are edited well and some of them are really cool
  • you give a insight into what people should expect to see
  • The End Clip is a good addition (the subscribe and next video image)
Things I would change
  • The sound is too low, I had to turn my volume right up on my PC to just about hear you audio
  • Are you showing games you are going to play? -- I would have probably shown actual stream highlights so they know what they are getting
  • I would add some audio to it and do more edits, make people want to see more... for example;
    • Show highlights and quickly flick between the two
    • show your personality, if you make jokes, make it funny, if you are great at games show intense highlights
I don't do gaming videos anymore, so I am not an expert but, the above it just food for thought..

Hope this helps :)

LukTheGerman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi,

first of all, welcome to YouTube and YT Talk..

Although I don't think you need or I don't really see the worth in a channel intro video. The reason I don't like Channel Intro videos is.. they only work when the channel or person is well known and you are advertising a new channel to an already obtained fan base. I would probably look at making the content you are going to be making, people will probably not search or stumble across an intro video, they will however, find the videos you make if you market them well.

You could, when you have enough footage, make a channel highlights/Advert video which you can have as your featured channel video, which shows the best bits of your channel and what people can expect if they subscribe...

This is just my opinion and there is not right or wrong answer to this.

I will review the video from a pure viewer and editor basis..

Positives;
  • The clips are edited well and some of them are really cool
  • you give a insight into what people should expect to see
  • The End Clip is a good addition (the subscribe and next video image)
Things I would change
  • The sound is too low, I had to turn my volume right up on my PC to just about hear you audio
  • Are you showing games you are going to play? -- I would have probably shown actual stream highlights so they know what they are getting
  • I would add some audio to it and do more edits, make people want to see more... for example;
    • Show highlights and quickly flick between the two
    • show your personality, if you make jokes, make it funny, if you are great at games show intense highlights
I don't do gaming videos anymore, so I am not an expert but, the above it just food for thought..

Hope this helps :)
Thank you very much for the feedback I really appreciate it!
I have noticed that the audio is extremly low, which is weird because it seemed fine when I was editing it.
I will certainly make some highlight videos!

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
No worries, would be nice if you could give some feedback to other people's videos in this channel, that is how we all get better :)

DieMan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Hey dude :)

Just finished watching your video, here is some of my thoughts:

1. First of all, I liked your editing. There were some nice transitions from game to game and from scene to scene within the game.

2. I also liked your choice of music, I think it supplemented your message really well.

3. I don't mind a channel intro like that, but I would like some gaming content to follow it. Personally, I think i would do it the other way around, first making gaming content and then a channel intro once you have gotten some traction. But now that it is here, might as well use it ;)

4. I think your voice is a bit low. Also, I think the audio of your voice could be improved. I would recommend using some audio software (such as Audacity, which is free!) to make your sound a bit better. This guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYF5ytMDFpA, really helped me, and it is quite easy to follow.

5. Also, cool outro screen, I really need to up my game in that area lol :p

A little bonus:

I saw your first CS:GO video, and I have a few comments on it:

1. I think the music is way to loud. I can't really hear what is going on gameplay wise.

2. I would like the editing to be faster, and to focus on the highlights of the match. Basically, you could take the most insane clips from your road from one tier to another and put them together in an action packed video.

3. At 0:49 I think the text should be on the screen for a shorter period of time. Maybe put it on just as you are about to throw it so that it feels timed.
Thank you for the watch! Please remember to take my comments with a grain of salt, it is just my oppinion after all ;).

Good luck with the content (and the CS climbing)!