multiple channels question

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello,

So I've posted here before to ask this but now have a slightly different question. I know the advice before was keep everything on one channel but I've recently noticed that it's hard for people to tell if one if joking or not. I've noticed this lots with people who are comedians etc they say something that is supposed to be serious and people think they made fun of something. I don't want that to happen to me. Plus my Youtube Banner clearly lists I'm a funny comedian. I do want to post serious content as well but don't want the lines to get blurred or crossed. I have videos I want to share of my brother who died and other serious things that matter to me like fundraisers for helping people out with disabilities etc. I'm just really afraid that if people see these kind of videos on my comedy channel they won't take it seriously and think I don't really care about others and their feelings etc. I might occasionally cross post but that's a big if and depends on the content.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved this to the strategy forum. :)

Sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. I think it'd be ok to leave the serious videos on your main channel. Most people will understand that they are serious videos by the tone and subject matter. Also, you could mention the fact that it's a serious video in the video itself, in the title and description and maybe put them in a separate playlist too.

Tacrob

Reaction score
I think you can post serious videos on your channel if you just put the word “serious” in the title of it, maybe something like this “How I’ve Moved On From My Brother’s Suicide (Serious Video)”

Equally, making the thumbnail a little less flashy and more plain helps subscribers recognize it as being serious.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you can post serious videos on your channel if you just put the word “serious” in the title of it, maybe something like this “How I’ve Moved On From My Brother’s Suicide (Serious Video)”

Equally, making the thumbnail a little less flashy and more plain helps subscribers recognize it as being serious.
who said he committed suicide? he died in a motorcycle accident