Massive drop in views on kid channels

MB1984

Reaction score
At the moment that they implemented the changes, one of the videos that had been suggesting more in my channel (which I advised by my MCN had marked for adults) fell totally, approximately 5 hours after that I marked it for children and immediately returned to to be suggested, I think that the content marked for +13 simply will not appear in the recommendations for the children, little by little they will be cleaning the feed completely so that if you watch a video -13 you are only recommended -13 do nothing by not marking their content as for children because children were not shown if they did not mark it, the income fell sharply, for a million views approximately paid 60 dollars, but I think that YouTube is going to solve this little by little or at least I want to be positive.
I have seen channels that were receiving millions of views before day 07 but after day 07 their channels have been stagnant, because they simply marked content for +13 and stopped showing the children.
I have a couple of videos for + 13 exactly 3 videos with which I am experimenting to see what happens with them and understand a little how this whole whirlpool works
This is what I have been saying. It's a bit hypocritical though that YouTube will continue putting videos marked "made for kids" all over the recommended section of videos that are marked "not made for kids", but a video marked "not for kids" absolutely 100% cannot appear related on the side of a video "made for kids". I understand 100% that YouTube doesn't want a child under 13 going from contextual advertising to personalized ads, but they are screwing over the not for kids channels. Once a person goes to a not for kids video and clicks on any video marked for kids (and many of the videos are incorrectely marked for kids out of fear) they will never get back to "not for kids" videos unless they search for it or go to someone's channel. The only videos they will be recommended will be other videos marked "made for kids". Basically, YouTube should not be be recommending for kids content on the side of 13+ content as those creators are now being screwed badly because YouTube refuses to stop trying to force for kids videos down people's throats. Essentially, channels that are "not for kids" only stand to lose a percentage of their views and videos marked "for kids" can easily gain views as a result of this change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dario and Duby

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
This is what I have been saying. It's a bit hypocritical though that YouTube will continue putting videos marked "made for kids" all over the recommended section of videos that are marked "not made for kids", but a video marked "not for kids" absolutely 100% cannot appear related on the side of a video "made for kids". I understand 100% that YouTube doesn't want a child under 13 going from contextual advertising to personalized ads, but they are screwing over the not for kids channels. Once a person goes to a not for kids video and clicks on any video marked for kids (and many of the videos are incorrectely marked for kids out of fear) they will never get back to "not for kids" videos unless they search for it or go to someone's channel. The only videos they will be recommended will be other videos marked "made for kids". Basically, YouTube should not be be recommending for kids content on the side of 13+ content as those creators are now being screwed badly because YouTube refuses to stop trying to force for kids videos down people's throats. Essentially, channels that are "not for kids" only stand to lose a percentage of their views and videos marked "for kids" can easily gain views as a result of this change.
I guess they are big enough to search for something they wanna see unlike toddlers who cannot type

Reactions: Duby and IceDog

eric3316

Reaction score
And here is the entire issue with this. There is no rating of PG! You are basically a G rated channel or PG-13 rated channel and it's not even based on your content but who you claim you are targeting. So 2 creators can create the exact same content but one can claim it is for 13 plus and the other channel chooses for kids. This rating is not based on your content at all but who you "claim" you are targeting! It's a complete joke! So in the end, that channel that is claiming to be 13+ content but playing Minecraft in PG rated style will of course get other Minecraft videos recommended whether they are marked for kids or not because on a content level they are probably exactly the same but YouTube won't do it in reverse because the other content creator is claiming their audience is not kids so they can't deliver non kid content to kids.

The best part of all of this, no matter what gets suggested to who, YouTube is still tracking kids in the millions as before but if they offered a PG rating for everyone, most content could fall under here and then one would say, what changed from before you broke the law. The only real answer to comply with the law is know the age of the viewer, period. If a parent wants to hand their kid their device with their credentials, that's on the parent and not the government.

Last edited:

MB1984

Reaction score
I guess they are big enough to search for something they wanna see unlike toddlers who cannot type
My biggest issue is that YouTube claims to not be a site for kids, nor have they ever been for kids. Please then, stop ever recommending kids content to me when I've never watched a kids video in my life. Why would anyone even make kids content on a site that isn't for kids? It boggles my mind the lies they continue to throw out.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
My biggest issue is that YouTube claims to not be a site for kids, nor have they ever been for kids. Please then, stop ever recommending kids content to me when I've never watched a kids video in my life. Why would anyone even make kids content on a site that isn't for kids? It boggles my mind the lies they continue to throw out.
i think youtube cannot consider kids content illegal. It's not some extremist content

MB1984

Reaction score
i think youtube cannot consider kids content illegal. It's not some extremist content
They have TOS saying the site is for ages 13 and up so I think they reserve the right to say if they believe content is kids content that they could remove it from the site provided they add something to the ToS about that. If YouTube wants to make an act of good faith and show action that proves they mean what they say, they wouldn't allow obvious kids content on the platform any more. They can open up YouTubeKids.com and let you log in there and upload kids content instead.

Last edited:

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
They have TOS saying the site is for ages 13 and up so I think they reserve the right to say if they believe content is kids content that they could remove it from the site provided they add something to the ToS about that. If YouTube wants to make an act of good faith and show action that proves they mean what they say, they wouldn't allow obvious kids content on the platform any more. They can open up YouTubeKids.com and let you log in there and upload kids content instead.
I think you have to be 13 plus to create an account but you have the right to upload any safe content even cartoons

Reactions: IceDog

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Revenue is way down, but views have exploded back to the days of the past for our channel. I could not be happier. We do this channel for fun and views, not money. I do feel sorry for some of the channels that rely on this for an income. Remain honest and hopefully things will get better with revenue. Hopefully Youtube works on contextual advertising for kid channels.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Revenue is way down, but views have exploded back to the days of the past for our channel. I could not be happier. We do this channel for fun and views, not money. I do feel sorry for some of the channels that rely on this for an income. Remain honest and hopefully things will get better with revenue. Hopefully Youtube works on contextual advertising for kid channels.
revenue and views are down ;( The only reason views are up is only kid videos are shown to kids and less ads more retention time. Unfortunately animation is expensive about 5k per video

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
auto factories always had and have strikes. This is not different. We need YT union