Massive drop in views on kid channels

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some good reads for anyone who may experience financial strain/losses and other effects from these new changes

Last edited:
Reactions: Duby

digitalist

Reaction score
Q:

As far as I can see, for example, IDEIAS INCRÍVEIS (5 Minute Crafts Portuguese channel) set some of their barbie videos as "NOT FOR KIDS" (I think they did nothing, youtube identify some of videos for kids, some of not for kids, with algorithm. And they did not anything manual.)

When i'm watching a "For Kids" video, i still see IDEIAS INCRÍVEIS' some of "not for kids" video in the suggested area...

When I'm watching "for kids" videos, shouldn't "not for kids" videos be recommended?

(I'm sorry if there's a problem with my English.)

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Q:

As far as I can see, for example, IDEIAS INCRÍVEIS (5 Minute Crafts Portuguese channel) set some of their barbie videos as "NOT FOR KIDS" (I think they did nothing, youtube identify some of videos for kids, some of not for kids, with algorithm. And they did not anything manual.)

When i'm watching a "For Kids" video, i still see IDEIAS INCRÍVEIS' some of "not for kids" video in the suggested area...

When I'm watching "for kids" videos, shouldn't "not for kids" videos be recommended?

(I'm sorry if there's a problem with my English.)
i would definitely report this. YouTube manager told me kid videos will be recommended to other kid videos.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
This year will be the roughest. A lot if content creators will quit or change niche.

Dario

I've Got It
Reaction score
Are your videos "made for kids". It seems nearly all made for kids content channels have had views go up because their content continues to be suggested on mature and general audience content. However, "not for kids" content lost any ability to be related or suggested on "made for kids content" so those channels are seeing large view drops. YouTube continues to mostly push kids content in spite of the fact that it is now bringing in just a small fraction of the revenue. I don't get why YouTube continues to punish channels that aren't made for kids and promotes the ones that got them in trouble in the first place. This entire situation feels like a sick joke.
wow thats interesting... my video isnt made for kids but has a lot of views coming from kid related video... so im afraid to set it as "made for kids" and nothing happen