Massive drop in views on kid channels

Dario

I've Got It
Reaction score
I marked it as "made for kids" and it fell even more... so i set it back as "non for kids"

eric3316

Reaction score
I've uploaded a new video. Notifications are still in progress. Do you know why?
Seems like they are still working for subs that already hag it turned on. Wonder if they will deactivate it. Hard to tell how a new video will do with notifications still working compared to if they were completely turned off. Our new video is in top 3 of our last 10 right now but, not sure if that would be the case if notifications were completely off.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Seems like they are still working for subs that already hag it turned on. Wonder if they will deactivate it. Hard to tell how a new video will do with notifications still working compared to if they were completely turned off. Our new video is in top 3 of our last 10 right now but, not sure if that would be the case if notifications were completely off.
Not sure why this is occurring. I am still getting notifications from channels that are marked for kids. Youtube's policy states, "If you subscribe to a video or channel with an audience that’s set as made for kids, your bell setting will automatically be set to
No notifications and will be grayed out. If you subscribed to a video or channel before its audience was set as made for kids, the bell icon will show the original state you had chosen, but it will be grayed out."

basilico

Reaction score
Hello i will open miniature food channel. similar to miniature cuisina, miniature dream cooking etc. Is this for kids or adult? What i will choose?

digitalist

Reaction score
Hello i will open miniature food channel. similar to miniature cuisina, miniature dream cooking etc. Is this for kids or adult? What i will choose?

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9684541?hl=en

Is “general audience” content the same as “mixed audience” content?
No. General audience content is content that could appeal to everyone, but isn’t intended specifically for children, or content that is intended for a teen or older audience. General audience content should be set as “not made for kids.”

Here are some examples of the types of videos that could be considered “general audience”, in the absence of information suggesting an intent to target kids.
  • A DIY video teaching hobbyists how to remake dolls or to make clay figurines
  • A family vlog telling other parents about an amusement park visit
  • A video featuring detailed instructions around creating mods or avatars
  • Animated content that appeals to everyone
  • A gaming video that features adult humor
Mixed audience content, on the other hand, is considered a type of made for kids content. This is content that targets children as one of its audiences, even if it’s not the main or primary audience, and that qualifies as child directed after balancing the factors described above.

digitalist

Reaction score
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9684541?hl=en

Is “general audience” content the same as “mixed audience” content?
No. General audience content is content that could appeal to everyone, but isn’t intended specifically for children, or content that is intended for a teen or older audience. General audience content should be set as “not made for kids.”

Here are some examples of the types of videos that could be considered “general audience”, in the absence of information suggesting an intent to target kids.
  • A DIY video teaching hobbyists how to remake dolls or to make clay figurines
  • A family vlog telling other parents about an amusement park visit
  • A video featuring detailed instructions around creating mods or avatars
  • Animated content that appeals to everyone
  • A gaming video that features adult humor
Mixed audience content, on the other hand, is considered a type of made for kids content. This is content that targets children as one of its audiences, even if it’s not the main or primary audience, and that qualifies as child directed after balancing the factors described above.
Sorry, I thought you are doing clay figures - miniatures. So I sent this article.

Reactions: basilico

IceDog

Reaction score

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: markkaz

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Wtf. Disney is exception for real. Two day old video has comments and all kid traffic

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score