Low views? Am I posting on the wrong days?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So the way my schedule is right now, Fridays are the best time to post for me but I've been noticing lately that my videos aren't getting many views at all, kind of even less than when I first started :O_o2: and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.. (Really hope it's not my content haha)

Well, I try to upload as consistently as possible, Fridays around 1pm, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is not the right time to do so...

What have you all found are the prime times to upload? And what other factors could be affecting my view count?

Thanks in advance

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It could be that time of year that most viewers are in school or at work! I have heard that a lot of youtubers lose views during this time of year. I have even noticed it myself.
I can recommend that you keep uploading and eventually the views will come back!

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Hey everyone,

So the way my schedule is right now, Fridays are the best time to post for me but I've been noticing lately that my videos aren't getting many views at all, kind of even less than when I first started :O_o2: and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.. (Really hope it's not my content haha)

Well, I try to upload as consistently as possible, Fridays around 1pm, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is not the right time to do so...

What have you all found are the prime times to upload? And what other factors could be affecting my view count?

Thanks in advance
Are you using any kind of tools to help you determine the bet posting time? I've found most of the time those tools take most of the analytics from the most viewed videos. I will suggest that you should sometime move around the posting time. Also think about your target market. If I'm your subscriber I will definitely not watch your video around 1pm on Friday when I'm trying to finish my weeks work. I will watch it on weekend when I have more time. If I receive the notification on Friday I will forget about it by Saturday. So basically what I'm trying to say that experiment with it for awhile. Hope this help.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Personally, I think your upload schedule is fine. Since your niche is fitness and exercise and such, most people workout in the afternoon/evening. And during the weekdays, most people are too tired to workout. So ideally, for most people, I think Friday is the day that you can expect a lot of people wanting to focus on fitness. It's the start of the weekend, they already got that "work" momentum built-up and have been thinking of doing something other than work/school all week. And on Sunday, most people are just lazy. The thing about your niche is that it's less personality-based and more content-based. And what I mean by that is more people are going to randomly find your videos on a case-by-case basis, rather than watch every video just because you're in it. It's sort of like How-to videos and DIY videos. Like, you don't watch "How to build a birdhouse" because you think the person making the video is funny, you watch it cause you want to build a birdhouse.

That being said, your videos are kinda evergreen. Meaning, they won't generate a lot of views as soon as they upload, like say a channel like DramaAlert or Philip DeFranco would, since they cover news stories and current, trending topics that are only interesting the day they upload that video. Your videos aren't gonna spark a lot of interest immediately, but they won't die out. They'll constantly keep getting views, even though they don't immediately get them.

As for why you're getting less views immediately per upload.. I think that could partly be on YouTube's end. The site's constantly changing the algorithm and isn't very transparent with its creators. Gaming videos, for example, have been getting noticeably far less views this year than they have the past few years. And a bunch of bigger channels in the gaming niche, like Jacksepticeye, have commented on that. Part of it's changing audience taste, but another part of it is YouTube not promoting gaming as much as they used to.

A conspiracy that's been going around on the down-low is that advertisers are boycotting certain genres in order to force YouTube's hand in giving in to their wants and needs. Which I personally can see. Given recent media influence and YouTuber outrage, advertisers certainly have picked up on how much of an influence they have on the platform. And considering YouTube is a business, they'll automatically promote whatever content gets them more money. A lot of politics.

In conclusion, it might not be the day of your upload schedule. There are a lot of factors influencing views, and it shouldn't be too shocking to see videos posted a long time ago had an easier time getting views than current videos getting views. I kinda experience this, too. My current views per video are half of what they really should be.

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Been happening for myself as well. I do believe it's just YT being or slow or not even counting views.

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Have a look at your analytics, they can really help. Also, with fitness vids they don't generate a heap of views straight away. Not everyone is going to work out straight away when you upload. Especially on a friday around that time, people could be at work, then they'll go out afterwards since it's the weekend or do everything else apart from working out unless they're a gym junkie lol in that case they probably don't watch vids on youtube, they just go to the gym. Try more mid or beginning of the week & in the mornings maybe?

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I try to upload on the same day, but even when I do that, some videos get a lot of views and others get hardly any. I even post them in different forums to get more views.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well for evergreen content i won't worry so much, i remember posting one video, it didn't start out really well, it got lower views than average and all of a sudden it became one of my top performing ones subsequently a couple of weeks later. Just focus on getting the content out and letting youtube do its own thing :p

Robot Elixir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Whilst timing and consistency is important - it isn't everything. Almost all my videos have been published at different times and days of the week. My channel started to explode this year when one video popped 4 months after publishing it!!

Hard work and patience my friend, that's all you need!
Good luck :)

Reactions: chubbybots

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
im honestly having the same problems