Length of intros?

DenVee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long is everybody's intro for their videos? I remember someone saying short ones are really good because it reduces the time people can click off your video before it actually starts, is I keep mine to 4 seconds short. Thoughts?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
My intro for my Friday videos only runs about 9 seconds and for me that's long enough. But 4 seconds to 30 seconds would be the max in my opinion.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would suggest keep them below 5 seconds. Short enough not to get annoyed and long enough to get your name out there. Long intro's p**s people off, and can cause them to leave even before they get to the video!

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long is everybody's intro for their videos? I remember someone saying short ones are really good because it reduces the time people can click off your video before it actually starts, is I keep mine to 4 seconds short. Thoughts?
Keep 'em short. Always short. The shorter, the better. Nobody wants to sit through a 20 - 30 intro.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Saw your 9 second intro. Way too long, imo. I'd tune out right away if I am a random curious viewer. Prob 2-3 seconds for that intro.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Saw your 9 second intro. Way too long, imo. I'd tune out right away if I am a random curious viewer. Prob 2-3 seconds for that intro.
Have you seen the "Nostalgia Critic's intro" or any of the "Angry Video Game Nerds?" I guarantee you that their intros are at least 20-35 seconds long. But yet they retain their audience. So you're saying those are too long too?

I guess it just depends on what kind of video or show it is. I'll work on shortening mine. Thank you for the feedback.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
mine is 7 and actually pleasant to see. i hate it when i see the same intros of 3D text zooming in and out on the beat (like any other amateur intro).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Have you seen the "Nostalgia Critic's intro" or any of the "Angry Video Game Nerds?" I guarantee you that their intros are at least 20-35 seconds long. But yet they retain their audience. So you're saying those are too long too?

I guess it just depends on what kind of video or show it is. I'll work on shortening mine. Thank you for the feedback.
That's because they probably already have a chunk of audience. The same goes with any other famous YouTuber that people will actually see the long non-skipable ads just to see the YouTuber. Most people here aren't that big, so try to keep it as short as possible to gain an audience is worth it.

Reactions: Farley Productions