Latest from Life (Network)

PVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
First off, this is not a rant or anything. Just sharing my experience. Personal and with the network. About a year and a half ago I started my YouTube channel. It was mainly music oriented (we all know how dodgy that can be) and I managed to partner with Life (or a least on of their daughter networks).

Things were fine, I liked the paypal system, the flow was good. Support was OK I guess (although I didn't need it much). From what understand they are located in Russia. Of course there's no mention of helping with the channels "popularity" but I understand that. If you're good, you 're good and you become popular.

Naturally with the music uploading stuff, things can go dodgy many times. For a long time in the beginning, for every two weeks or so, they were claiming all the videos and applying FULL advertisement on them. I figured that out 6 months in - I initially thought that was a YouTube glitch.

This resulted to a copyright strike (or two). That's how I found out it was the network that was actually applying the Monetising on all the videos. Good luck defending yourself to the label that issued the strike afterwards. "It wasn't me, it was the network" :D well, long story short, I resolved 3 strikes already (got them in different times). Now I am only left with one that will expire this June. I know, I know it's dangerous with music but I only monetise MY music. Stuff that I compose.

About 2 months ago I started vlogging. Once a week and mainly outdoors and travelling. Fun stuff for me. I don't do this for the fame, it's just easier to show a video to my friends than 1000 photos. If something happens and there's some buzz, I'd welcome it. ANYWAY...

As of last night Life dropped me. Just like that. No email, no nothing. Crap thing about it is that I cannot monetise my Vlog anymore because of that one strike. The thing that hurts me the most though, is the fact that I can't upload a custom thumbnail anymore. So I have to rely on YouTube's choice of snapshot.

Oh well... Have a great day everyone and keep YouTubing :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Do you have music you didn't compose yourself on your channel, and if so, is that third party music properly licensed? If the answer to the first is yes, and to the second no, those would be the most likely reasons for the network to drop you.

I would email network support and ask why you were dropped.

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is there a clause in their contract that stipulates if you change the genre of videos they can drop you? Sounds like your better off without them!

PVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Do you have music you didn't compose yourself on your channel, and if so, is that third party music properly licensed? If the answer to the first is yes, and to the second no, those would be the most likely reasons for the network to drop you.

I would email network support and ask why you were dropped.
Yes I have music I haven't composed. Sometimes is licensed and sometimes not. They knew that in advance, I told them about it. They were fine until last night I guess. I thought I should email them, I mean the past couple of months I made some $$ as well... But I was thinking for a while to drop them myself. I guess they got to that first. I seriously don't mind, but you are definitely right. :) everything happens for a reason after all.[DOUBLEPOST=1453209974,1453209763][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a clause in their contract that stipulates if you change the genre of videos they can drop you? Sounds like your better off without them!
There's no contract. It's a "Sign-Up Sign-Out whenever you like" deal. So no special clause about video genres.

You are right, I am better off without them. I'll just wait until that last strike goes away so I can plan monetisation with AdSense.

I don't mind a 3rd Party Notification, as long as I don't receive a strike. I have written email correspondance with all the artists, who's music I uploaded. I know that's not enough sometimes, but at least I keep it very transparent.

Partnership hero

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
If you earn less than 10$ per month, this could be a reason why you were disconnected.