Is This A Good Idea!?!?

AliKat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone,
I've recently been wanting to play a game on my channel that's new and not over a year old, and I just pre-ordered a copy of the game The Last Guardian which will arrive on the 7th for me in Australia. Now this game, as most of you know, is highly anticipated and people will be all over it as soon as it comes out most likely, but is it a good idea for me to start a Let's Play series of it 1-2 days after it comes out?

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
always good to stay on top of trends, although there will be a ton of competition of course, especially after a couple days of it being out. if you somehow offer something other people don't and optimize your SEO i'm sure it'll bring plenty of views to your channel :)

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree with Georgia. Upload ASAP and don't delay to get ahead of the trend. If people don't want spoilers they wont watch. Also I'd suggest a review of it. Sit down and describe what you like, what you don't like, what could be improved, etc.

Reactions: AliKat

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you play games trying to be a trendsetter and hoping the competition doesn't bury you won't get anywhere, lol. You play what you want to play, a new game has benefits cause if people really like what they see from the game on another channel they'll search for it, and if you have amazing SEO they will stumble upon your channel and boom.

I've seen that to happen with some that played Undertale or more Recently Mr.President and Sort The Court...

Overall though, nothing is ever a bad idea if you're doing what you like.

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yewww another aussie!

Anyway Ali, think about it this way. If you do post a lets play for it, the best case scenario you get a tonne of popularity because not many other channels got on top of it fast enough. The worst case scenario you get your usual views from your fanbase and although it didn't grow your channel significantly, you made some videos and enjoyed the game.

Can't really see the harm ^_^

(worst-worst case scenario, you get a lot of attention but its a lot of negative attention: Oh well. Statistically, It'll help you channel regardless, and as long as you can get past negative comments you'll be fine).

AliKat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
True, thanks so much everyone!
I guess I was just worried that I'd cop a lot of hate because of releasing spoilers and whatnot, but like you guys said, if they don't want spoilers and want to play it themselves, then they won't watch it :) Hopefully it goes well! So excited for its release :3