Is there a place for quieter, more reserved YT'ers?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't have to be overly energetic as long as your content is interesting. Of course, it tends to help because a lot of YouTubers are loud and hyper. If you are naturally a quiet person, let that shine through in your videos. The most important thing is to be yourself!

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
You don't have to be over the top but you certainly need to be energetic. At times even when I'm at my most energetic state I can sound monotone and that just happens, it's pretty much how I sound when I talk. You also have to factor in the type of games you're playing, if you're playing fairly mundane games or games with almost non-existent action or basically games that don't have a lot of stuff happening, it can effect how you react, talk & play.

Mr Sark, SeaNanners, Two Best Friends Play aren't over the top gaming channels but they certainly have a positive energy about themselves that resonates in their videos. So you definitely need energy at the very least.

MistyEmma

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm not very loud either, but I'm not letting it stop me from making great content :). Energetic YouTubers seem to be more popular, but I like more reserved YouTubers, because they're relatable. It's better to be more reserved and be yourself (people can often tell if you're not being yourself) than to force yourself to be something you're not :).