Is exposure my channel's weakness?

Your videos are sharp, high quality, you got the background music right, using tags, titles, descriptions that's pretty good. All around, good quality production.

Thing is, you want subscribers right? Well you need to hook people in. Let's take your newest video called "Psycho-stalker guy followed me" for example.

I went on Google Adwords Keyword Planner tool and used "Psycho-Stalker". It says here, that keyword is used 210 a month in Google's search engine. That is EXTREMELY low. The odds of one of those 210 people clicking your video? Slim to none. That's more of a video meant for your current subscribers, not for hooking in new subscribers.

Let's now take your 3 day old video "I WORKED SECURITY FOR MIKE TYSON!". Using Google Adwords Keyword Planner again, we see that "mike tyson security" gets 10 a month.

I think the issue is the topics for your videos are just not on the public's mind currently. You're going to need some HOT topics. Whatever is the most talked about currently.

Your videos are sharp, high quality, you got the background music right, using tags, titles, descriptions that's pretty good. All around, good quality production.

Thing is, you want subscribers right? Well you need to hook people in. Let's take your newest video called "Psycho-stalker guy followed me" for example.

I went on Google Adwords Keyword Planner tool and used "Psycho-Stalker". It says here, that keyword is used 210 a month in Google's search engine. That is EXTREMELY low. The odds of one of those 210 people clicking your video? Slim to none. That's more of a video meant for your current subscribers, not for hooking in new subscribers.

Let's now take your 3 day old video "I WORKED SECURITY FOR MIKE TYSON!". Using Google Adwords Keyword Planner again, we see that "mike tyson security" gets 10 a month.

I think the issue is the topics for your videos are just not on the public's mind currently. You're going to need some HOT topics. Whatever is the most talked about currently.

@newage amazing, this is something no one has ever mentioned before. I thought Psycho-Stalker would sound interesting, but it definitely isn't something that people will be searching for. I will definitely continue doing relatable topics, hot topics and ensuring the titles are useful.

In terms of the Google Adwords Keyword Planner tool, do you have to pay to use it? How do I go about using it myself?

It can be a little strange setting the whole system up so you can gain access to the tool itself. Sign up at adwords.google.com After that, select the Tools option in the top menu bar.

Using this tool you can type in a general keyword and it'll spit out suggestions, which is really helpful for growing a channel. Since you do voice over gameplay I would recommend doing some tech or gaming stories.

For example I'll search for "gamestop". This keyword has 7,480,000 searches a month! So maybe you might have a story about GameStop. Try making a video about that and see if it grows over time.

Back