If your channel blew up, would you move to LA or NY?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. A lot of the big youtubers these days are in LA, NY, or London for obvious reasons. The Youtube offices are there. If you live in a small town now, and your channel wen't huge, would you be tempted to move to one of these places? To be closer to other creators and what not. Do you see this as something that you want to become your career and brand? Or do you just like being in your town, able to create the videos you do. I would love everyone's input on this.

I personally am saving up/getting ready to move to LA or somewhere similar in 2016. I want to be a filmmaker so I'm going to try to get out there as quickly as I can either way. But what do you want to do? Thanks for any replies.

Reactions: Tiggy and Sk Jony

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No. lol
I'm afraid of America, so I would just stay here in Norway :p
I came to the United States from Russia.

It's perfectly normal for being afraid.

I'm afraid of being here as well.

Reactions: jamiedoesthings

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
I would move to LA no matter what size my channel is, but not until I can afford it and have a proper acting resume so I can get represented by casting agencies.

Unless it's for college or other film-related stuff I never understand why YouTubers would move to LA hahahahah[DOUBLEPOST=1451166536,1451166424][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unless it's for college or other film-related stuff I never understand why YouTubers would move to LA hahahahah
Nevermind, I just read your post again :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

SherlockCupid

DropKick.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Meh Im fine in London for now if my channel blew up I'd like to check out what London truly has to offer.
And then I'll probably move to Florida if the right opportunity arises.

Reactions: JeriKane

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Been living in NYC for 25 years, I can understand wanting to move from a small town to large city but after a while it's getting pretty stressful living here. I use to work in Williamsburg where I knew a lot of people who had moved from the midwest to the city and while they enjoyed living there, they couldn't see themselves staying because of all the congestion: tons of traffic, crime on the rise and with more and more people coming here the city is becoming over populated. I'm pretty sure if I ever blew up I would actually move out of the city and go somewhere other than LA or NYC.

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
LA. Their are alot of collabs to be down out there. And its warm

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Certainly not. I live in Texas, but I can still do collaborations with other musicians without seeing them face-to-face. It would not make sense to move to a more expensive area just for Youtube.

Reactions: Sk Jony

ThatJoeyFella

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just moved to from Dublin to London literally 3 days ago. My reasons for moving here are not YouTube related, but I'll certainly take advantage of the YouTube scene here. I need to get to know more YouTubers here though and up my game.

Reactions: kimkewl and Sk Jony