If your channel blew up, would you move to LA or NY?

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've always wanted to live in America either way so if there were a time that that becomes a possibility I'd go there in a heart-beat. It's exciting even to think about it :)

Callan Wills

The Grandad.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Comedian, Other
I don't really get homesick it'd just be the fact of moving to somewhere in situation in which I have no friends or family there in case something went terribly wrong :L
Yeah, that's always the problem :/

Jenna no manga

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I live in Tokyo. I would not move to LA for Youtube. To film a movie or a Tv show I'd go for it for sure though..

Google told me to check events at the Tokyo's youtube headquarter but I was like no thanks I have a young child i cannot go haha

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally I would rather not move even if my channel got big. Hopefully if I do get big I could afford to go visit those places to do any work that I wanted to do there weather it be collabs with people or whatever. But with technology and what not you don't really have to collab with someone in person anyways. I used to like big cities, but now I would rather not live in one. Visiting big cities is fun for short periods of time to me, but then I am soooooo happy to get the heck out of there haha

Reactions: subversiveasset

Te-Erika

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would move to LA no matter what size my channel is, but not until I can afford it and have a proper acting resume so I can get represented by casting agencies.

Unless it's for college or other film-related stuff I never understand why YouTubers would move to LA hahahahah[DOUBLEPOST=1451166536,1451166424][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nevermind, I just read your post again :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Youtubers move to LA so they can go on auditions hoping they get bigger opportunities.

Reactions: Zerodecoole

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I was born in NY and most all of my family's still there so it's more of a whenever I feel ready to move back thing (I'll miss being an hour away from Disney World though, guess I'd have to fill that void by regularly taking the sub to the Disney store :laugh2:). I wouldn't only move for YT though, although I do want access to that creator space (949 subs left. PogChamp).

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I lived 45 minutes away from LA before. It sucked. It sucks living in LA even more.
No way in hell.

Prateek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Everyone. A lot of the big youtubers these days are in LA, NY, or London for obvious reasons. The Youtube offices are there. If you live in a small town now, and your channel wen't huge, would you be tempted to move to one of these places? To be closer to other creators and what not. Do you see this as something that you want to become your career and brand? Or do you just like being in your town, able to create the videos you do. I would love everyone's input on this.

I personally am saving up/getting ready to move to LA or somewhere similar in 2016. I want to be a filmmaker so I'm going to try to get out there as quickly as I can either way. But what do you want to do? Thanks for any replies.
LA 4 lyf :D

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was very tempted to move to NYC for the theater opportunities there (and when I had a play produced there), but I'm not really a city person. I did live in LA for a couple of years, and it wasn't really the place for me. If there was enough of a lure to get there, sure, I'm never going to say never, but it'd have to be an amazing opportunity for me to move again.

Reactions: JV Trammell