If your channel blew up, would you move to LA or NY?

Yes. I would move to either place! PRobably NYC because I'm from Upstate NY originally and my family is there. Just a trivia tip about me. My character Paulie Popcorn comes from Paulie Walnuts in the Sopranos.

I would say LA because of the weather if you had to choose between the 2! I don't think I would move because I live near Chicago and Google recently just opened a huge new office in Chicago :)

We've been to NYC about 4 times in the past year, to LA only once in the past year, I think I'd prefer to stay where I am.

I have always wanted to live in America. So probably would move to america but i love the little city im currently in so unless it would be of great benefit id probably stay where i live now.

I live in London and my GF lives in NY, it'd be a dream if we could move to LA together though, that's where I would want to be if my channel hit it off big time.

I'm actually considering moving to LA very soon, but the only thing holding me back is the RIDICULOUS housing costs. I'd really want a two bedroom apartment to use one as a studio, but they're just insanely priced for what you get. LA is in a huge housing bubble. Even in the outskirts of LA, for the same pricing you'd get twice the space and twice as nice an apartment literally anywhere else (except maybe NY or San Francisco). So I have to decide whether to bite the bullet on an expensive place and reduce the amount I can save, or just live in a shoebox sized apartment.

I'm actually considering moving to LA very soon, but the only thing holding me back is the RIDICULOUS housing costs. I'd really want a two bedroom apartment to use one as a studio, but they're just insanely priced for what you get. LA is in a huge housing bubble. Even in the outskirts of LA, for the same pricing you'd get twice the space and twice as nice an apartment literally anywhere else (except maybe NY or San Francisco). So I have to decide whether to bite the bullet on an expensive place and reduce the amount I can save, or just live in a shoebox sized apartment.
I've been looking at costs for houses for rent vs apartments. More space for similar pricing. Also the possibility of having a housemate to cut costs if it came down to that. That's probably what I'm going to do.

I would move to California if the opportunity arised, regardless of YouTube, but rather the San Francisco bay area. I'm a techtuber, so living in the silicon valley has its perks. Plus, I lived in California for a couple of years and I prefer it to Georgia (where I currently reside).

[DOUBLEPOST=1451487606,1451487427][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is very true. I know when I lived in Irvine (about 40 minutes outside of LA), it was 2700/month for a 3 bed, 2 bath house. We pay the same price for our current home, but its double the beds and 3.5 baths.

It sucks, but when you have 18 million people, you gotta compensate I suppose. Have you considered having a roommate? That helps tons

Back