If your channel blew up, would you move to LA or NY?

Hello Everyone. A lot of the big youtubers these days are in LA, NY, or London for obvious reasons. The Youtube offices are there. If you live in a small town now, and your channel wen't huge, would you be tempted to move to one of these places? To be closer to other creators and what not. Do you see this as something that you want to become your career and brand? Or do you just like being in your town, able to create the videos you do. I would love everyone's input on this.

I personally am saving up/getting ready to move to LA or somewhere similar in 2016. I want to be a filmmaker so I'm going to try to get out there as quickly as I can either way. But what do you want to do? Thanks for any replies.
I'd move to London... Being British and all. :)

I would move to London or NYC not because I'd want my channel to grow but because I want to. The beauty about YouTube is that you could be anywhere in the world and people would still be able to see your videos. So it shouldn't really matter where you are.

I'd like to eventually move to LA eventually regardless of my YouTube channel. There's more work there for me. My end-goal is London, though.

If we were to become really big in YouTube, doubt we would move to any of the main locations unless a lot of draw for collabs were wanted. Most would really do though is move closer to a city, (country life atm woo~) so would be able to do livestreams and not take 8 hours for an upload, due to crappy internet speeds XD

If my channel blew up I'd be really upset. I would hate to lose it. I've heard people talking about their phone blowing up sometimes and I just think that the cell phone companies should really be careful about having explosive materials inside them. It seems really unsafe.

Now, if my channel became really popular, I'd be happy, of course, and just keep on doing what I've been doing. I'll keep doing what I've been doing regardless of what happens. I live in a small town in Oregon that has a population of 5,554. I was born in southern California, though. I like it here just fine. I don't like crowded places with lots of traffic. The cool thing about the YouTube is that it is on the internet. That means it is accessible anywhere and one doesn't need to live in a certain place for better exposure. I can still access all the channels everyone in larger cities can. And all my source material is online and available from anywhere as well, so I don't understand the logic behind moving anywhere for a globally accessible service.

I would love to move to LA regardless. I am an ammeter actor, and so I think it would hit the stereotype nicely :'D I would love to have that kind of flexibility YouTubers can afford. Being able to move away. I love travelling so it would be very ideal. I think mostly, the practical side to it as well. You can meet a lot of companies, and network in a place like New York of LA. I mean, VidCon is huge alone as a place to meet fans and network with companies.

i would move to L.A because i live in scotland and im sick to the back teeth of the cold,rain,wind and everything else lol so yea L.A

I would stay in the small town that I live in now. I don't see the point in YouTubers moving to big cities unless they plan on going into the film, television, and music industry.

Back