I need your help! Loss of will to record after a long day at work

BeardyVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YO! so straight to the point. Does anyone have any advice on fighting through the urge to just chill out after a long day?

Let me paint the scene for ya really quick.
-Wake at 4am, go gym then straight to work after, finish work around 6pm, get home around 7pm. In bed by around 9/10.

So throughout the day at work, im getting myself hyped and excited about youtube, making new videos etc. comes time to head home and im still eager to get filming. Make it home, spend bit of time with my kid before putting him to bed and having dinner. Leaves me with 1-2 hours to sort food for the next day, spend time with girlfriend and record/edit or just chill.

Don't get me wrong, with a little time management i could easily do it BUT my problem is, after a long day and by the time my 'free time' comes around, I simply lose all drive to record. Mind starts playing games with me, making excuses...too late to record that kind of video...cant be too loud cos kid is in bed...no space to set up my light...dunno what to record etc.

Does anyone have any experience in this sort of situation and/or can offer some advice on the matter. THANKS!!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When fitting this into a busy life it will be hard. I would say to plan it into your day so it is something you do on specific days at specific times, let everyone know what you will be doing at those times so they expect it etc and fit it in. As for motivation when you are nackered already I like to remind myself that there are consequences to inaction, no matter how tired you are you more than likely can do it and by choosing not to, there are quite serious consequences ie a channel that wont grow and that is not what you want at all and will hopefully conflict with your beliefs surrounding your goals on YT :)

Reactions: BeardyVlogs

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would say you'll have to schedule time for it. Tell yourself (and your girlfriend) that Wednesday nights are for filming. Of Saturday mornings. Or whatever suits you best. Have a dedicated time for it, so you don't feel bad every day about 'missing your time to record'. If you do miss your set recording time, you have to reschedule it for yourself. Don't beat yourself up over it every day. Give it a designated time slot and just chill out on the other evenings :)

Ggsays

Reaction score
Well you could always try music . Get yourself In the right mood for your vids. But if your don't enjoy what you do you won't want to do it . So make sure YouTube is what you like. Not for attention.but for you. I did the same thing with another app then lost interest. And it was hard for me to upload anything

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you gym every morning 7 days a week?
Do you work 7 days a week?

BeardyVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When fitting this into a busy life it will be hard. I would say to plan it into your day so it is something you do on specific days at specific times, let everyone know what you will be doing at those times so they expect it etc and fit it in. As for motivation when you are nackered already I like to remind myself that there are consequences to inaction, no matter how tired you are you more than likely can do it and by choosing not to, there are quite serious consequences ie a channel that wont grow and that is not what you want at all and will hopefully conflict with your beliefs surrounding your goals on YT :)
Thanks for the response buddy! and that is a great way of looking at it for sure....consequences if i don't upload. I shall deffo use that one going forward! Thanks for the words brother

Reactions: Michael

BeardyVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would say you'll have to schedule time for it. Tell yourself (and your girlfriend) that Wednesday nights are for filming. Of Saturday mornings. Or whatever suits you best. Have a dedicated time for it, so you don't feel bad every day about 'missing your time to record'. If you do miss your set recording time, you have to reschedule it for yourself. Don't beat yourself up over it every day. Give it a designated time slot and just chill out on the other evenings :)
Hey, thanks for the reply! I think having a dedicated day for it is a great idea :) Also not beating myself up if i miss it is another solid piece of advice. Thanks a lot!

BeardyVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well you could always try music . Get yourself In the right mood for your vids. But if your don't enjoy what you do you won't want to do it . So make sure YouTube is what you like. Not for attention.but for you. I did the same thing with another app then lost interest. And it was hard for me to upload anything
Oh for sure i do want to do it! When i am 'doing it' i really enjoy it...its just sometimes harder to get to that point of doing it. Serial procrastinator here :p

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No and no.
So there is time. I work full time Mon-Fri 9-5.30 / 2 hour commute daily / Married with 2 children + 2 dogs + 1 cat + 2 fish / Healthy social life and I still manage 20+hours per week to 'YouTube'
I rarely just sit about watching TV.. Where you are watching TV - I am working.

Reactions: Krisfire