I need your help! Loss of will to record after a long day at work

BeardyVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm here with you man, I got a wife with a kid on the way with a few pets. it's hard to be able to record and edit after a long day. Something that's helped me a lot is just taking time and setting it aside for video work. I mostly have late shifts (12 pm to 9 pm or 1 pm to 10 pm,) so by the time I get home I'm just done. So what I did was when I get up in the morning I get coffee and just go to the computer and for an hour or two I just work on editing or I record a video (While I have fresh energy) and after that few hours I go chill with the wife and get ready for work. after work I might plan some video stuff for the morning but I just mostly chill and go to sleep.

Obviously that exact schedule wont work for you but setting aside time for video specifically and not compromising (Unless really needed) really helps with it.

As for motivation and energy... caffeine is a drug of choice of me and videographers everywhere lol.
Ha thanks for that man! seems you are in a similar boat indeed. Thats some good advice. Hate coffee tbh but i may be able to stomach it for the benefits if it means getting some cool videos done haha! Ya right though...set aside time for it and find a time that works for you. Cheers ma man!

Reactions: Krisfire

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Ha thanks for that man! seems you are in a similar boat indeed. Thats some good advice. Hate coffee tbh but i may be able to stomach it for the benefits if it means getting some cool videos done haha! Ya right though...set aside time for it and find a time that works for you. Cheers ma man!
Hey if Coffee isn’t your thing tea is a good healthy alternative and even then energy drinks can be an alternative... tho unhealthy as hell.

I drink coffee and I started drinking it with like 5 cream and 5 sugar packets last year and I’m down to 2 cream and no sugar. Plus all the different types of coffee so if you wanna do coffee there’s plenty of different ways you can try, lol.