I need advice

iCorkii

Reaction score
Hi,

my name is Alex, I'm a Youtuber with 3000 subscribers.
I started making videos on this February 6, 2017, I hit 6k after just 2 weeks by making shooting star videos (the well-known meme).
After 2 months I got tired of making memes and didn't have any upload ideas so I decided to upload gaming content since gaming is the only thing I did back then. My audience started to fall apart, I got demotivated and took a break for a whole year.

1 month ago I started to upload videos again, last week, I got ~150 views per video. I uploaded a video 4 hours ago and I only have 20 views on that video (really sad lol). I know that making completely different videos was a bad idea and I'm now motivated to set things right and rebuild my audience by making gaming videos.
I have a TON of editing experience with After Effects and Premiere Pro and I make my thumbnails with Photoshop.
My friends say that my videos are high quality and really enjoyable.

I live in The Netherlands and that apparently does affect my views A TON according to my viewer-base, which consists around 50% of Dutch people.
I've heard so many people complain about this, I make English videos so my videos should also get recommended to people from different countries which is mostly not the case.
My apologies if this thread is confusing..

If anyone has tips to revive my channel, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum .-.)

Kind regards,
Alex

T.C.

Reaction score
A change of content will kill any channel, and to get that many subs in such a short time, you could have went places man. You obviously though don't wanna keep uploading content you have no interest in, so just pick a subject and stick with it. And about the other thing, just upload them the way you do it, and you'll eventually attaract the right audience.

Reactions: MU. and iCorkii

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just went and watched a few of your videos, you are genuinely funny, and the editing is great! I think the main thing that you need is an upload schedule. Your viewers kind of need to know when you're going to be uploading. For now, if I were you, what I would do is keep creating, building a nice big backlog of awesome fortnite or whatever game videos. That way when people start coming to the channel then they have stuff to binge watch, leaving them wanting more and having no choice but to sub!

Hopefully that makes sense, I've had a long week and am very tired!

Either way, I subbed! Hoping to see great things!

Reactions: iCorkii

iCorkii

Reaction score
Just went and watched a few of your videos, you are genuinely funny, and the editing is great! I think the main thing that you need is an upload schedule. Your viewers kind of need to know when you're going to be uploading. For now, if I were you, what I would do is keep creating, building a nice big backlog of awesome fortnite or whatever game videos. That way when people start coming to the channel then they have stuff to binge watch, leaving them wanting more and having no choice but to sub!

Hopefully that makes sense, I've had a long week and am very tired!

Either way, I subbed! Hoping to see great things!
Thanks for the tips!
I thought about the upload schedule and decided to upload videos twice a week on specific days and I'll try to stay consistent!