HOW TO USE TWITTER TO PROMOTE!?

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys I have always wanted to know this. I know that twitter is a very important for promoting your youtube channel, but I don't know how to use it properly.
Can any one please tell me how I can use twitter to my advantage?
THANKS!!!!

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategy and Technique Advice forum =)

TheMix

I've Got It
Reaction score
You just need to build a fan base on twitter. Once you actively tweet and have people favoriting and retweeting you can then promote and get more traffic for your YouTube.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

BillyVlogsTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You just need to build a fan base on twitter.
But how do we "build a fan base" on Twitter?? Do we need to follow people who would like watching the type of video content that I make??

But HOW???!!! :thumbsdown2::thumbsdown2::thumbsdown2::thumbsdown2:

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My suggestion is to use an automation program. As long as you don't over spam and violate Twitters rules. Twitter is a very noisy platform and making 24-50 tweets a day is acceptable, but you've got to be a machine to be able to manually tweet that much per day. I suggest for non programmers to use Buffer. The free version allows you to queue up to 10 tweets at a time and have them posted at whatever time you want.

Other tips:
1. Use hashtags properly
2. Don't just post your content, retweet other people's stuff. I also post a lot of motivational quotes with hashtags like #MotivationMonday #FunFactFriday
3. Pin your latest video that you want to promote the most
4. Understand Twitter doesn't like Youtube links on mobile and that most twitter users are on their phone. So it's better to upload an image of your thumbnail, or a short animated Gif of your video and then put a link to your video
5. Thank as much of your twitter followers and those who retweet you as much as possible. Stand out from the crowd and video message them. They'll remember you! I admit sometimes I get lazy at this especially when you're getting so much followers daily. But at the early stages, it's worth your time
6. Add people to Twitter's built in lists system. This makes people feel special, especially those who retweet you, mentioned you, or interacts with your tweets. Put them in seperate lists.
7. Use IFTT and create a recipe that automatically adds people to a list when they tweet a certain hashtag. This will make your account easily found by others

With these tips alone, I've built a follower base of over 2600 in 3 months and get several hundred views from twitter monthly. It's not a lot compared to how much Reddit helps me, but it's still worth it as I barley have to do anything as my twitter tweets 24/7 automatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invisible

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
But how do we "build a fan base" on Twitter?? Do we need to follow people who would like watching the type of video content that I make??

But HOW???!!! :thumbsdown2::thumbsdown2::thumbsdown2::thumbsdown2:
lmao yea thats what I was thinking[DOUBLEPOST=1470005776,1470004496][/DOUBLEPOST]
My suggestion is to use an automation program. As long as you don't over spam and violate Twitters rules. Twitter is a very noisy platform and making 24-50 tweets a day is acceptable, but you've got to be a machine to be able to manually tweet that much per day. I suggest for non programmers to use Buffer. The free version allows you to queue up to 10 tweets at a time and have them posted at whatever time you want.

Other tips:
1. Use hashtags properly
2. Don't just post your content, retweet other people's stuff. I also post a lot of motivational quotes with hashtags like #MotivationMonday #FunFactFriday
4. Understand Twitter doesn't like Youtube links on mobile and that most twitter users are on their phone. So it's better to upload an image of your thumbnail, or a short animated Gif of your video and then put a link to your video
5. Thank as much of your twitter followers and those who retweet you as much as possible. Stand out from the crowd and video message them. They'll remember you! I admit sometimes I get lazy at this especially when you're getting so much followers daily. But at the early stages, it's worth your time
6. Add people to Twitter's built in lists system. This makes people feel special, especially those who retweet you, mentioned you, or interacts with your tweets. Put them in seperate lists.
7. Use IFTT and create a recipe that automatically adds people to a list when they tweet a certain hashtag. This will make your account easily found by others

With these tips alone, I've built a follower base of over 2600 in 3 months and get several hundred views from twitter monthly. It's not a lot compared to how much Reddit helps me, but it's still worth it as I barley have to do anything as my twitter tweets 24/7 automatically.
Thank you so much!!!! I really needed this and you are a legit life saver. Thank you

Invisible

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Other tips:
1. Use hashtags properly

Thanks for the great tips! :)

btw whats in your opinion is better to post (asuming mobile internet in many cases is slower and has monthly transfer limits) - Images, Gifs or Videos? while short vids can look nicer as it has sound and motions, but how mobile twitter users like/watch vids? maybe they have some filters set up to not show Twitter native vids on mobiles to save mobile data amount (not sure if such an option exists for twitter users though) because vids uses more internet resources, which in many cases (internet) is either slow or limited or both slow and limited for a part of mobile users worldwide?