How To Start Your Channel

Brettinator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! I just made my channel recently and I already know what I want to do (weekday vlogs, with a special video, not vlog related every other week(I already have some scripts written out)). But I'm too afraid to start... My main concern is that I won't be able to be consistent or I will forget to post a day. How did you gain the courage to actually start your channel and upload videos? Also, if you upload daily videos (vlogs or otherwise) how do you keep up the energy and motivation to do it daily?

I've had channels before but they never really went anywhere. I really want this one to go somewhere, my goal is 1,000 subscribers. That is just my all time goal for this new channel! I'm just too scared to start it...

JBR27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest thing I believe is you gotta have the time to be able to put in the effort and committment to do what you want to do. Like if you don't have the time to make quality vlogs then you most likely won't achieve you desired aim. But if you have the time then your aim is very much achievable.

But with motivation that is something you need to find yourself as I have learn't that everyone is motivated differently to do what they want to do. It is hard but can be found so just work out what you want to do and then to be consistent just make sure your organised and know what each day is bring you and the channel. You got this just be prepared and work hard. Good luck :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

If you're worried about not being able to upload daily before you have even started, then I would suggest you don't commit to daily uploads. Start with weekly. Go for quality. You can always increase frequency later.

Reactions: Ocean Chan

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Hey! I just made my channel recently and I already know what I want to do (weekday vlogs, with a special video, not vlog related every other week(I already have some scripts written out)). But I'm too afraid to start... My main concern is that I won't be able to be consistent or I will forget to post a day. How did you gain the courage to actually start your channel and upload videos? Also, if you upload daily videos (vlogs or otherwise) how do you keep up the energy and motivation to do it daily?

I've had channels before but they never really went anywhere. I really want this one to go somewhere, my goal is 1,000 subscribers. That is just my all time goal for this new channel! I'm just too scared to start it...
I'm working on launching my own YT gaming channel, and I completely understand how you feel.

I am absolutely terrified, but I am excited and motivated like I've never been (I was working on this channel over a year ago, but had to stop because I found a full-time job). I still have to figure out the logistics of recording content, though. My channel will be about LPs, the Sims 4 and visual novels, and my plan is to post twice a week, to differentiate the games. However, at the moment the only time I would be able to record is the weekend, so I'm still figuring some stuff out.

Furthermore, I am super shy, so there will be no face camera, just my voice. I don't believe it's less frightening, as I am sure I will sound a bit stiffy at the beginning!

I can see you are very determined, and that should be the focus. I would perhaps do a few recordings "off the record", just for practice and to make you feel more comfortable. And maybe setting up a schedule of the days you are planning to post, should help you plan your content ahead.

Hope this helps!

phayilgaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My advice would be do what you enjoy. I do Comedy League videos with my mates. Its not a chore because I am always having fun, from playing the game, to editing and promoting.

I guess where im lucky is that there are 5 of us who help out with all the jobs, so its not too much strain on one person.