How to get the most out of my 700D

KyaImatai

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey guys!

I have a Canon 700D and I love it. Everything seems to be going well, but im an absolute n00b when it comes to technology :giggle:

If anyone has any tips to make my videos the best they can be, please let me know!!!

Thank you :bounce:

ItsJustJames

Releasing my inner child since 2016
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not sure this is 'legal' but the video in my signature might help you. Make sure you utilize manual mode. You need to look at setting correct exposure, correct white balance, good focus, good framing. Dress your set well. Consider lighting for exposure and for effect. (Ie. Out of focus fairy lights as an example)

What lenses are you using?
What sound equipment do you have?

After having a look at your channel I've just noticed you do a lot of walking around! That's not something I can specifically give you advice on as I wouldn't automatically associate a DSLR with a walk-around vlogging type camera. Where there's a will, there's a way however.

Good luck,
James.

KyaImatai

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi James,

Thank you for the video link! I am using the 18-55mm lens and no sound equipment ! :redface:

I found it okay for vlogging, would it be better if I had someone follow me with the camera rather than me hold it??

Thank you so much!

ItsJustJames

Releasing my inner child since 2016
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
would it be better if I had someone follow me with the camera rather than me hold it??
If you had that option I would certainly recommend it! It's not always practical of course. I think you can be forgiven for not 100% quality when you're walking about the place. It's if you ever sit down and have the camera on a tripod that I'd try your best to make it look top notch.

James.

Reactions: KyaImatai

VolitileGabe

Reaction score
Hi James,

Thank you for the video link! I am using the 18-55mm lens and no sound equipment ! :redface:

I found it okay for vlogging, would it be better if I had someone follow me with the camera rather than me hold it??

Thank you so much!
You should consider getting a mic. A yeti or something equivalent isnt that expensive and it would work wonders. You can also consider getting a lav if you are going to be recording videos while moving. there are some pretty cheap ones out there that still sound really good.