How to draw in views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSlayrJ

Reaction score
I just made a brand new channel with the same name: BlueSlayrJ. I plan to do gaming and 2D and 3D animations like blender, but with 0 views and 0 subs, what is the point of even posting a video when theirs such a low chance of anyone even seeing it and I think most youtubers who give tips and tricks don't realize that if we have 0 views and 0 subs, HOW DO our videos even get seen?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The first thing I did was reach out to the people I know. It sounds almost counter-intuitive, right? Ask people you know to watch your stuff? Because the point is to have people find you based on your own merits.

However, you have to start with someone, and most businesses or artists tend to start with the people in their own circles to reach out to. So I said, "Hey! Check out my videos! I am doing this thing and I'd appreciate a watch and getting the word out!"

The size of your personal reach will determine how far this will take you, but if you can get 10 friends to watch and subscribe and share your videos, that's 10 times the effort that you can do all by yourself.

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
if you don't want to reach out to your friends, which was my scenario, then tap into a growing tag or type of video or topic that is very controversial or very popular at the moment. my first video was a morning routine because they're poppin' in terms of views at the moment, and it seemed to work fairly well. tag strategically with phrases, parts of the description and title as tags, and use tubebuddy to see how good each tag you plan to use is. furthermore, use an intriguing title and thumbnail to bring in more clicks to your video. this is what i like to call the "hope and pray" way.

another idea is to tap into any social media following you may have, or go to websites such as facebook or reddit and post your videos to relevant groups, pages or subreddits for traction. also, if it is terribly slated, any publicity is good publicity! good luck.

Reactions: BlueSlayrJ

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is always a good idea to start out with reaching out to people you know. This is the easiest way to get your videos out. And then you could ask them to share you videos and if they are kind enough to do that then you should have some views by now. And thats how you start basicly. If they like the videos they might subscribe:)
You can also advertise your videos if you have a budget of course

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The biggest tool that any channel starting out has, is good SEO. One of my first videos has over 7k views because of good SEO, and I've got a few more not far behind that. Might not sound like a lot of views to some, but based on my subscribers count it is. Use tube buddy to find good keywords to target

Reactions: DanAwesomeStuff

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just made a brand new channel with the same name: BlueSlayrJ. I plan to do gaming and 2D and 3D animations like blender, but with 0 views and 0 subs, what is the point of even posting a video when theirs such a low chance of anyone even seeing it and I think most youtubers who give tips and tricks don't realize that if we have 0 views and 0 subs, HOW DO our videos even get seen?
That is the most asked question on these forum, I have replied to about 3-4 similiar topics just in 2 days.
But here is the shortest and best answer you can get.
There are two option to start your channel.

1) NO INVESTMENT - Read all tips,tutorial and guides posted on how to start your channel and get first 100 subs on these forums, make notes and implement all knowledge you will find here. If after you read everything and have a specific question about some part you do not understand, there are plenty of user here who will help you. However creating a thread with 1 message and asking how to get views and subs, should be punishable by ban in my opinion. Because you simply ignored the rules of this forum.

2) With investment / advertising your channel - Again read as much information as possible and use it to optimize your videos and then buy advertisement for your channel to get views and subs, but it will only work if your content is good.

If you are lazy and do not want to read, there thousands of video on YouTube how to grow your channel from 0.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanAwesomeStuff

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone started at zero. I don't say that to be snarky. Just saying there's nowhere else to start.

You were asking what's the point of posting a first video when you have zero views and subscribers. I guess to share your video with others. To make that first step. To gain some experience. And consequently, it would be the first step towards views and subscribers. If you have created a video you like, post it! : )

Minikinart

Reaction score
Everyone started at zero. I don't say that to be snarky. Just saying there's nowhere else to start.

You were asking what's the point of posting a first video when you have zero views and subscribers. I guess to share your video with others. To make that first step. To gain some experience. And consequently, it would be the first step towards views and subscribers. If you have created a video you like, post it! : )
I agree with this. Most people start with 0 views and subscribers, the only way you can get a couple of thousand of views and subscribers in the beginning in my opinion is if you already have a blog, website or Instagram account with a huge following. For example if a beauty blogger of 3 years decided to create a Youtube channel, she would have an easier time getting views and subscribers because she already has a lot of traffic in her blog and a portion of her readers would also check her videos and perhaps subscribe.

But yes promotion is a big thing when you first start; tell your friends and family, promote on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,...), write helpful comments on other videos on Youtube, have good SEO, make videos that are in demand and have little competition so that it's easier for your video to rank, have custom thumbnails that will be appealing to viewers and so on.

I'm still learning and don't know a lot of stuff when it comes to Youtube, but I'm pretty convinced things I wrote above should help you. :)

Reactions: Hulio

Tea for TwoTube

Tea for Twotube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There is some really great info on here. I haven't had excessive growth but have hit 95 subs in a month (so close to that magic number) and tbh I got most of my subs through Twitter. I have reached out to people who are into the same things that we are and just gone from there. I haven't even hit up friends yet tbh because I wanted to grow without the obvious support.
Good luck

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The first thing I did was reach out to the people I know. It sounds almost counter-intuitive, right? Ask people you know to watch your stuff? Because the point is to have people find you based on your own merits.

However, you have to start with someone, and most businesses or artists tend to start with the people in their own circles to reach out to. So I said, "Hey! Check out my videos! I am doing this thing and I'd appreciate a watch and getting the word out!"

The size of your personal reach will determine how far this will take you, but if you can get 10 friends to watch and subscribe and share your videos, that's 10 times the effort that you can do all by yourself.
Exactly this; my first 30 - 50 subscribers were entirely friends and family because that was the only starting point I had. After that, I started sharing my content in groups and building friendships that way.
You've already got content up, which means that people actually have something to watch and determine their feelings from there. You won't be stuck at zero for long, I'm sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.