Make a priority list of what's important for you and your life, then put it in order from the most important to the least important.

Then start completing them and what's necessary to achieve them starting from the one on top of the list.

Maybe make a list of things you know you need to get done first & then dedicate a couple hours to film, or within your study breaks try planning for your video & brainstorming ideas! Just remember its all about balance & your health come first before anything else :)

I agree with others about a schedule, but be patient with yourself. It might take a while to figure out what works best for you. I've been at this 8 months and I'm still learning what I should be doing so I haven't gotten into a routine yet.

I make sure that my filming/editing time is as close to the same times each week as I can. The times when I'm not scheduled to film, I don't film or edit, because it could be so easy to get really over-involved and I wouldn't do anything else.

I'd say timetable your week very closely, If you know you have an hour free on certain days then sit down and think of video ideas or record during that time. I think having a timetable is a good way to spread your time out wisely, I'd also suggest carrying a small notepad with you at all times so when you get an idea for a video you can write it down and carry on with your day, this is what I do and how I manage to upload consistently because I'm always writing down my ideas when they pop into my head. You also should make sure you schedule your uploads within the week whether it's once a week or whatever to make sure you have the time for Uni but also have specific days that you upload to so that anyone who follows you will know when to expect videos from you. I know it's hard I'm a college graduate and I know how stressful that life is, so don't stress yourself too much I'd say especially at Uni. However just to say there are people within the YT community that go to college and Uni but are able to upload consistently so it is possible some even upload daily but it's hard work and takes a lot out of your time.

I've never really noticed much of a time drain, but I use dual monitors so I can multitask editing and other task or friends. If I get behind in editing then it tends to effect my personal life away from the computer. But with that it's just time management, so I try to get my videos scheduled at least two weeks in advance.

Yes, that's a great idea of scheduling your videos couple weeks in advance, should really help when you are more busy certain days than others :)

Simple. Never sleep. EVER!

Or you could make a schedule of things you want to do throughout the day.
This is mine (loosely)
Wake up->shower->breakfast->socializing media or other wise-> Work/school->check up on social over lunch if you want to ->continue school/work->get home and relax a bit->make some videos/studying and homework if needed-> edit videos and render-> go have some fun/watch tv/do something entertaining (socialize if you want)-> finish all final things on video (annotations and such)-> chill out then go to bed-> rise, rinse, and repeated until da weekend :D

Hahaha Not too far way from not sleeping ;) I used to use schedules, but almost never manage to follow them. However, will give them a try again!

Trello's a pretty neato website from what I've heard. Guess I'd better start putting all my stuff into Trello now so I can keep my inconsistent as heck channel from going haywire.

Me too, never heard of that site, but sounds like could be very helpfull

The most important thing is to stay organised. I try to schedule each day so I always know what I need to do, making me less likely to get distracted or start procrastinating. I also set my self weekly and monthly goals. A good thing to do is to write them down including a description of how you want to achieve them and why you want to achieve them. This way you're more likely to work towards achieving your goals because every time you look at the list you are reminded of their importance.

Hope that helps. :)

That does helps! Never thought in writing down my goals to keep my self motivated, great idea :thumbsup2: Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1458319596,1458319099][/DOUBLEPOST]
For me, I find ticky boxes do wonders xD. I have a list of all the bits I need to animate, or edit etc. and I simple tick when im done, it becomes such a second nature to me, that if i havent ticked a box in a while i feel guilty and it gets me to work again :)

True! maybe if I mix that one with scheduling, I might me able to follow a day plan :)

I make sure that my filming/editing time is as close to the same times each week as I can. The times when I'm not scheduled to film, I don't film or edit, because it could be so easy to get really over-involved and I wouldn't do anything else.

Totally agree!! getting over-involved can be soo easy without some kind of organization[DOUBLEPOST=1458320957][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd say timetable your week very closely, If you know you have an hour free on certain days then sit down and think of video ideas or record during that time. I think having a timetable is a good way to spread your time out wisely, I'd also suggest carrying a small notepad with you at all times so when you get an idea for a video you can write it down and carry on with your day, this is what I do and how I manage to upload consistently because I'm always writing down my ideas when they pop into my head. You also should make sure you schedule your uploads within the week whether it's once a week or whatever to make sure you have the time for Uni but also have specific days that you upload to so that anyone who follows you will know when to expect videos from you. I know it's hard I'm a college graduate and I know how stressful that life is, so don't stress yourself too much I'd say especially at Uni. However just to say there are people within the YT community that go to college and Uni but are able to upload consistently so it is possible some even upload daily but it's hard work and takes a lot out of your time.

Good one.. I'm buying a note pad :D definitely takes time, is about making my time more efficient

Back