HOW MUCH DOUBT DO YOU GET?

It's not so much doubt as it is being "put down"

No body doubts your a YouTuber or doubts your capability of doing YouTube.

Its whether or not you'll be successful is the thing. With a corporate job you can start from the bottom and make your way up, legit, you WILL make your way up over time.

With YouTube its a whole other ball game, there are people doing YouTube 5+ years and only passed 10K Subs and makes just enough adsense to get by while the guys who been working hard in those corporate offices just got a paycheck for 10K.

Its not that anyone doubts it, its just a long shot to do well enough to call yourself a "YouTuber"

Ah yes the good old doubt sickness. It infects us all at some point my friend. As a blogger of 6 years and a recently initiated youtuber I can honestly say, I hear you. I can't count the times I have doubted myself, or the times I've seen the looks in peoples eyes when I tell them what I do, and where i'd like it to take me. But I always think that if everyone listened to doubters and negativity, nobody would succeed in anything at all. the story of the birth of google itself is testament to how you shouldn't listen to doubters...yahoo will testify to that! lol (that joke is only funny if you know about google btw)

I think he gave up already guys, it's been four weeks since he came last to the forum and he stopped making videos a couple of weeks ago I see.

Hey guys!! My name is Ryan and I make funny gaming videos on my channel and I get a lot of doubt because i want to be a youtuber. Even my parents don't believe in me.
But I see this happening a lot with small youtubers. Do you guys get a lot of doubt and if so how do you cope with it?

my family look down on me and think I can't success on YouTube but I will show them,.

Some days, it feels like only my faith in God and myself keep me going.

My dad sat me down and gave me a 2 hour lecture about how YouTube is 'only in business to make money for itself' and how 'they take more than they give'. While my mother isn't as tech savvy as my father, she doubts as well insisting I should stick with my retail job.

I plan on sticking with retail while I fine tune my channel, but I am NOT giving up.

Everyone doubted David, a simple shepherd boy, could defeat Goliath, a giant (literally!) warrior, with nothing more than a slingshot. Then look what happened, that simple shepherd boy became king! I will beat this Goliath! I WILL make this work!

Hey guys!! My name is Ryan and I make funny gaming videos on my channel and I get a lot of doubt because i want to be a youtuber. Even my parents don't believe in me.
But I see this happening a lot with small youtubers. Do you guys get a lot of doubt and if so how do you cope with it?
Hey!
Dealing with doubt is natural. You are going to experience this any time you try to do something new. It is unavoidable. The biggest advice I can give you is to keep making videos despite the doubt you feel.
I know some people use others doubt in them as a motivator. A chance to prove yourself and I can understand this method as long as you remember your entire self worth is not dictated by your subscriber count.
Don't give up!

Hey!
Dealing with doubt is natural. You are going to experience this any time you try to do something new. It is unavoidable. The biggest advice I can give you is to keep making videos despite the doubt you feel. Don't give up!

Some of the best advice a person can give from hopeless insomniac. When it comes down to it all the only person who needs to believe in you is you as long as you don't give up on yourself then you have all you need every one starts out small in this game sure some grow fast some grow slow but if you stay consistent and keep doing your uploads you will grow the longer you make videos more people have the chance of finding you.

Everyone has doubt, even the biggest guys can crumble down to 0. The internet is a fickle fickle place like that. I've recently gotten discouraged with a lot of feedback over audio quality, well it's something I was working on either way but when it's difficult to dish out cash constantly it can bring you down some. At the end of the day you just gotta keep at it, activity eventually pays off. I've seen a lot of larger 1mil+ tubers that are going through some depression due to decrease in views, revenue, etc, a lot doing other things now more, but as they do other things that leaves more room for other channels to get seen.

No one can ever predict how things will go, any random here could have 1 mil subs next week. That's just how the internet works. If you quit though, you will never know.

I usually will go through little spouts of video depression. But whenever i get a new sub it usually inspires me to make more and more videos.

Back