HOW MUCH DOUBT DO YOU GET?

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Hey guys!! My name is Ryan and I make funny gaming videos on my channel and I get a lot of doubt because i want to be a youtuber. Even my parents don't believe in me.
But I see this happening a lot with small youtubers. Do you guys get a lot of doubt and if so how do you cope with it?

Hey guys!! My name is Ryan and I make funny gaming videos on my channel and I get a lot of doubt because i want to be a youtuber. Even my parents don't believe in me.
But I see this happening a lot with small youtubers. Do you guys get a lot of doubt and if so how do you cope with it?
Hey Ryan! You do it because you love it. I wanted to do the same thing, only my husband, brother in law, and parents believed in me. The only one who didn't was myself. My first few video were for YouTube, but more recently I've realized that I love making videos. I love the brainstorming, the filming, the editing, the whole process! And I started doing it simply because I love it. That's what keeps me going. I only have 17 subs, but I'm having fun doing it! If you do solely for views, and subs you'll find yourself in a tough spot constantly. That's just my opinion. Learn to love what you do, and you won't have to cope with doubt.

My dad is a media marketing entrepreneur, so he understands being able to make money off the internet using Google Ads (because Google is one of his clients).

However, he doesn't really understand the concept of making money thru YouTube. He's kinda old fashioned in that sense. I've explained it, but he believes the corporate route is the best way and wants me to start a media/film company rather than work on a YouTube channel. :)

But in my opinion I can do both and make my company and my channel go hand in hand.

I think everyone gets some doubt every once and awhile, however, I've done things to push it aside so I can focus on my channel and not the doubts. For example, other people might tell me that I won't ever make it big, which could be true, but I just like to remind myself that I can if I keep at it. As the magnet on my fridge says, "Proceed as if success is inevitable". Sometimes you're going to be the only person who believes in your dreams, and that's ok, but in that case you can't doubt yourself you've got to always try to have faith in yourself that way you can keep improving and making content.

The thing I've noticed about channels that are just starting out and/or channels that haven't had rapid fire success is that a lot of them give up after a few months to a year. With access to so much technology, we've all gotten pretty use to instant gratification. (Like, need to know something? You can google it in a couple seconds!) So people start youtube and expect either consciously or subconsciously to gain a good number of subs and start smashing through milestones and that's why a lot of beginning channels die off, at least from my observation. And something about that always makes me want to beat the odds even more. That's my two cents on doubt ;)

Fight through it man, but you should make vids because you love it. For me the drive is to at least entertain one person. A while ago I had a viewers friend comment on my video that he died from cancer but wanted to let me know that my videos made his days better. The most touching moment in my YT career. It made me cry but also that moment just motivates me so much.

I get tons of doubt but I crush that doubt with something that is much bigger to me, my dreams. I too am a small Youtuber and one of my goals in life is to be a successful Youtuber, I want to make funny sketches and skits, story times, and rants with my channel and I believe that the only way you can fail at something you want is if you quit.

I get you, no one in my family believes in me either when it comes to anything with art/ Youtube.
That's alright though since I use those doubts as a drive rather than voices I should listen to.

I tend to create my own doubt. If I think too much about my channel I start down the spiral of "its not that great", "quality is super low", "everyone else's channel is so much better". I have to be careful when I watch other channels because I easily start comparing. Most people who watch my channel are supportive but that random bad comment from that random a- hole will send me down the doubt spiral too. I know this about myself so thats why i record in the early morning, so that im not self consious.

So yes, you gotta do this for yourself. And not for the validation. Secondly, you gotta know yourself and employ whatever tactics you need to to overcome doubt when it enters your head or your heart. Keep moving forward and use comments or doubt for the creative constructive criticism, or just ignore it.

You got this.

Do it because you love it even if your end game goal is to turn it into a business a lot of good comments have been made on here I am a new YouTuber less than a 100 subs I have even had comments saying I should have more subs I do get doubt sometimes but I remember why I am doing it.

Just never try compare yourself to other channels doing the same thing who grow faster some may get lucky or have done a collab with a bigger channel or won the YouTube lottery and got a viral video in an ideal world we would all like to grow fast but on YouTube Patience wins out stay positive.

Back