How Long Does The Average Youtuber Take To Create Video?

On Average How long do you take to create a youtube video (Start to Finish)

• Total voters
it often takes me more than I would like (5-10+ hours) simply because I start editing and then I start to do other things while doing editing ... (bad habit) :D

It takes me from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
My first video took me like 7-8 hours like from 12pm to 8am in the morning xD

Obviously there are a bunch of variables: what type of videos you do, what type of editing and how much, etc.

For me, as a Let's Play channel, I record in week-long batches of around 20 minutes each. For a single video, it takes me about 45 minutes of actual recording of gameplay, 10 minutes of editing (I'm no stranger to video editing in general), and an hour or 2 to render, which is a task in itself. Overall, about 2-3 hours per video.

It could take me from about three days to a week depending on the topic and how much research I have to do.

Not to mention recording the gameplay could take some time which also just depends if I know already what I want to talk about or if I need to have more experiences with the game.

A USUAL review takes about five days all together and that's on and off.

If I was working on it constantly I could get one done in two days easily.

I spend a lot of time editing my videos, which is why I only do one (sometimes two) every week.

30 minutes to plan out the videos. I usually only script a small part and then let myself go wild.
6-10 hours to do editing of my videos. Synced cuts, fitting music, subtitles... I put a lot of effort into these.
30 minutes-1 hour to render. Sony Vegas Pro takes time.
10 minutes to realize I made a stupid mistake. Facepalm. Fix it and repeat previous step.
30 minutes to make my thumbnails. They are real pieces of art that belong into a museum.
10 minutes to upload, set titles/description/tags and everything.
30 minutes to wait for it to proccess up to at least 720p60fps.
10 seconds to publish.

Really fills up all my free time during the week, but I love it!

Speaking of free time, I should really go outside for once. Heard good things about it.

On average, excluding ones where I do special things, it takes me:

5-10 minutes - Reading my next requested video, finding a good quality version of it on YouTube, skimming it, downloading the video and audio with different sites.
1-3 minutes - Converting the mp4 video file into avi using Any Video Converter.
5-10 minutes - Opening the audio file in Reaper with my "horror version" presets automatically loaded, changing speed for best effect, and playing it back while making adjustments.
10-30 minutes - Opening the avi file in VirtualDub, loading my "horror version" presets, cropping borders out, resizing, changing colors, adjusting gamma settings, brightness, blur effect intensity, and frame rate.
10-20 minutes - Adding the audio file and rendering the video, playing it back, and sometimes making slight adjustments and re-rendering.
5-10 minutes - Uploading to YouTube, adjusting the title, making additions to the default description, and adding tags that are relevant to the video.

All in all, 36 minutes to an hour and 23 minutes.

I do gaming videos, so here is my layout:

Recording: 15 minutes - 1 hour (depending on the game)
Editing: about 45 minutes - 1 hour (I use Lightworks)
Rendering: 30 minutes (Lightworks does fast rendering)
Thumbnail: 5-10 minutes
Uploading: 40 minutes

Total time: two and a half hours

Back