How do you structure your gaming videos?

Ellsballs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!
I was just wondering how other gaming youtubers structure/record their videos. I usually record for around 20 mins for a 15 min video but not sure if I should be recording longer or perhaps not as long.

In terms of intros/outros for a series I feel they can interrupt my flow as I'll be stopping every 15 mins or so to do my outro (thanks for watching etc.) then will begin again with my intro (Alright guys we're playing etc.). Would it be better to just record loads so as to not interrupt my flow and only have the intro in the first vid of the series?

Basically just wondering how you guys go about recording a video/series and what works best for you?

Reactions: CMTXRATED

matt franz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally like to keep my videos under 15 minutes because I feel like people tend to watch the whole thing but it's sometimes hard when u have a lot of good film good luck

Reactions: Ellsballs

oPunkin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For series, I don't think intros or outros are a totally bad thing. What I do and what seems common is putting in a clip before the intro to catch the viewers attention, and then doing the intro.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tend to do videos under 10 mins. I have a short little intro, then speak over some gameplay. I go over topics like gaming news, review, tips & tricks, youtube topics... Fade out effect at the end rounds off the video!

BlockHeadGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
10 - 15 Minutes depending on the game. Intro and outro included. We keep a timer up so we know when we're getting close to an end time.

Ellsballs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Aww sweet thanks for all the replies guys! Defo gonna start shortening down my videos to 10-15mins! Put a ten min video up last night and It's performed a lot better than the longer ones!
Hazzador do you find that fading out at the end is still effective for getting people to subscribe? rather than actually asking? With all the easy end card stuff nowawadays I'm not sure if it's still worth asking people to subscribe (Probably is though).

ggdeeofficial

EZ Game EZ Life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what I do is very similar to yours. The only thing is I play games that have stop points between them like XCOM 2, darkest dungeon and Eternal. So start with an intro then record the whole mission, do a little squad maintenance then stop before the next mission and do an outro. Then I start my next video with a "where we left off" or a recap of the last episode. Hope this helps!

Ellsballs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what I do is very similar to yours. The only thing is I play games that have stop points between them like XCOM 2, darkest dungeon and Eternal. So start with an intro then record the whole mission, do a little squad maintenance then stop before the next mission and do an outro. Then I start my next video with a "where we left off" or a recap of the last episode. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply mate!
Yeah thats defo a good shout! its handy to play games like that because they lend themselves to an intro/outro.
Just for doing games like a long rpg I find it easier to just record a massive batch and not do an intro/outro. will defo just do an intro and outro now but take a bit longer in the editing process.

My Dixie ReKt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well i add an intro and outro. Colour correction and maybe a watermark with a bottom third. Music and abit of commentary. But with tutorial based videos i spend tons of time on

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Hey guys!
I was just wondering how other gaming youtubers structure/record their videos. I usually record for around 20 mins for a 15 min video but not sure if I should be recording longer or perhaps not as long.

In terms of intros/outros for a series I feel they can interrupt my flow as I'll be stopping every 15 mins or so to do my outro (thanks for watching etc.) then will begin again with my intro (Alright guys we're playing etc.). Would it be better to just record loads so as to not interrupt my flow and only have the intro in the first vid of the series?

Basically just wondering how you guys go about recording a video/series and what works best for you?
Well since I record online multiplayer games atm I tend to do 1 to 4 matches and edit in the best parts which equals around 3-12 mins