How Do My Thumbnails Look?

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone! my name is JayPlaysOfficial and welcome!

I have come here to ask your guys opinion on my new thumbnail designs to my gaming videos, i used to use panzoid which is a very basic thumbnail editor and then i got photoshop to try and up my design, now i spend roughly 45 mins to 1 hour on creating each thumbnail trying to make them look 'Better' to everything else :D

ANY kind of feedback would be awesome and well appreciated!

Thankyou for your time :)

GoldSnoopy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The thumbnails look great, no hate but some of them (not all of them) seem like they have a lot going on in the thumbnail and it can seem kinda confusing. Everybody has their own style but I try to keep things simple. Good luck though mate! :)

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The thumbnails look great, no hate but some of them (not all of them) seem like they have a lot going on in the thumbnail and it can seem kinda confusing. Everybody has their own style but I try to keep things simple. Good luck though mate! :)
Hey! thankyou for the feedback! yeah i sometimes do put a little too much in haha! XD but i really appreciate your feedback! :D

Cloud9

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Jay,
i actually really like your thumbnails! i think there very professional. reminds me of channels like The Yogscast and Markiplier. the editing yourself into the thumbnails thing is really effective especially the way your doing it. saying this i do think 45-1 hour is a little too long to spend on the thumbnail, its ok if you can do it while the video is rendering but try not to stress to much i guess. the more you do the quicker youll get so just keep it up, there great!
hope this helps

-Cloud

Reactions: JayPlaysOfficial

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Jay,
i actually really like your thumbnails! i think there very professional. reminds me of channels like The Yogscast and Markiplier. the editing yourself into the thumbnails thing is really effective especially the way your doing it. saying this i do think 45-1 hour is a little too long to spend on the thumbnail, its ok if you can do it while the video is rendering but try not to stress to much i guess. the more you do the quicker youll get so just keep it up, there great!
hope this helps

-Cloud
Hey! thankyou very much for the feedback! normally, i edit my thumbnails when waiting for my videos to upload on youtube, its a lot easier that way as while they are scheduled for 4pm everyday, gives me plenty of time to record, edit, render and upload and do my thumbnails haha! i used to spend like 2 minutes on a crappy thumbnail but i've tried to up my game :D but i will keep your feedback in mind XD thankyouuuu!

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey Jay!

Your thumbnails are pretty wicked!
Looking across your channel as a whole though, I'd say that a lot of them differ making it seem like a lack of consistency (although I have noticed that you have a few that tie together for series').

I really liked the "Someone help this guy" and "Why can't you leave me alone!?" - You're very clear and there's not too much going on. They did make me want to click the videos!

One thing, that I would personally say is that I'd like more colour maybe? (It's personal preference though). Colour really draws the eye in (like in your "this game is bananas" thumbnail).

But hey, what do I know? (my thumbnails are mainly pure trash hahah)

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
hi i see your thumbs and i think that are perfect for your channel. I see you are not a very Photoshop expert but you have done a good work!
The only point you should consider is to try to do branding which means to try to use the same aspect for every thumbs (im doing that too little by little).
This make your channel and "you" more recognizable

radialDomo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone! my name is JayPlaysOfficial and welcome!

I have come here to ask your guys opinion on my new thumbnail designs to my gaming videos, i used to use panzoid which is a very basic thumbnail editor and then i got photoshop to try and up my design, now i spend roughly 45 mins to 1 hour on creating each thumbnail trying to make them look 'Better' to everything else :D

ANY kind of feedback would be awesome and well appreciated!

Thankyou for your time :)
Pretty good, I like your thumbnail's consistent style.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Jay!

Your thumbnails are pretty wicked!
Looking across your channel as a whole though, I'd say that a lot of them differ making it seem like a lack of consistency (although I have noticed that you have a few that tie together for series').

I really liked the "Someone help this guy" and "Why can't you leave me alone!?" - You're very clear and there's not too much going on. They did make me want to click the videos!

One thing, that I would personally say is that I'd like more colour maybe? (It's personal preference though). Colour really draws the eye in (like in your "this game is bananas" thumbnail).

But hey, what do I know? (my thumbnails are mainly pure trash hahah)
Hey, thankyou for your feedback! earlier in the channel, i started a little design where my face was in the corner of every thumbnail haha but i thought they was really crappy and didn't have much thought put into them, i am glad you liked the titles of the videos too! and more colour? i can definitely try :D thankyou for the great advice! XD[DOUBLEPOST=1497864190,1497863970][/DOUBLEPOST]
hi i see your thumbs and i think that are perfect for your channel. I see you are not a very Photoshop expert but you have done a good work!
The only point you should consider is to try to do branding which means to try to use the same aspect for every thumbs (im doing that too little by little).
This make your channel and "you" more recognizable
Hey! thankyou for your feedback! im glad they fit on my channel haha and i am terrible at photoshop but definitely better than i used to be :'D i wonder how i can get a constant brand.... hmmmm haha got me thinking now :D thankyou for the advice! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1497864291][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty good, I like your thumbnail's consistent style.
Hey thankyou so much! i appreciate your feedback! :'D

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
welcome bro, that's been what i've learnt in my career and its absolutely essential