How do I use YTtalk to grow my channel?

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello:

Okay it is important for you to have a little bit of a backstory. I started out with a Star Wars the Clone Wars channel (I still have it) I gained a lot of subscribers by doing music videos, I really enjoyed doing that. Given the fact people enjoyed my videos I began doing charity videos doing videos that were for kids with cancer, kids being bullied and even videos of me discussing important social topics. What I soon discovered is none of these types of videos ever gained any ground. Hell I had videos on there fro two and three years with less then 500 views, nobody shared them and no one liked or commented.

It was because of this lack of response that I created my 2nd channel, Chatting with Mark Stise.
The goal was simple I could chat about the things that I liked, do videos outside of the Music Videos and Fan Trailers I did on my Clone Wars channel.

I really do enjoy making videos over a wide range of topics such as scuba, military aircraft,Bigfoot, Movies and old time TV shows I grew up on and so much more.

But here's my question, with the new Youtube rules of 1000 subscribers and 4000 (hours or minutes of watch time that goes into effect tomorrow.

How do I use YTtalk to grew my channel?
What are some of the methods that work best?
What is best going to work for my channel which is set up so I can chat about anything I want?

I really could use some guidance in this and I will be very great full

Thanks

Mark Stise

Last edited:

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You don't.
well not 100%, YTTalk is a community of creators to chat and help eachother if you are here for the sole reason to grow and self promo you're going to have a bad time.

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So what your really saying is stick to what I like and what I enjoy.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yes, make videos for pleasure first decide if you want to make money later.

Reactions: Mark Stise

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YTTalk isn't for getting subs. I mean, if you contribute value, yes sometimes people do sub to you, but primarily it's a community for people to get help or talk about YouTube issues and updates and opinion. If you go around these forums pitching for subs, you'll get banned pretty quickly.

Create the content you enjoy, check out the threads about growth with common questions small YouTubers like myself ask and see if that helps. But of course, if you have a specific question about growth and audience development, then definitely ask it :)

Oh, and you should always create the content YOU want, not what you think people will want. If you stick to what you want, you'l, enjoy it, if you don't you will probably get bored, or words anxious about YouTube.

Hope that helps!

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Big Marketer
I am starting to learn this!!
The whole suppose of my Chatting with Mark Stise channel
Was to make videos on things I liked other then Star Wars
I have enjoyed making my video, in fact my Chatting Channel has more videos then my Star Wars channel.
I guess with Youtube changing their standards I got myself a little nervous and wanted to get to 1000 subs before the deadline tomorrow.
But yes I am learning and your advice is very sound!
Thanks for posting you comment.

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Big Marketer
I am starting to learn this!!
The whole suppose of my Chatting with Mark Stise channel
Was to make videos on things I liked other then Star Wars
I have enjoyed making my video, in fact my Chatting Channel has more videos then my Star Wars channel.
I guess with Youtube changing their standards I got myself a little nervous and wanted to get to 1000 subs before the deadline tomorrow.
But yes I am learning and your advice is very sound!
Thanks for posting you comment.

I am in your shoes too...the main issue is getting LOYAL subscribers