How did you make friends/collab on YouTube?

Would you collab with someone much smaller than you if you liked their content?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm fortunate enough to have a couple friends with youtube channels, who I have done a few collabs with. Every youtuber wants to do collabs with bigger channels, as it helps bring in more subs and views. But, I would do collabs with smaller channels if I liked their content. Even just thinking of my own channel it still helps. I have done collabs with one of my friends who does not make videos himself, simply because we are very good friends, which can bring out some unique and interesting commentary, which in turn helps my channel out. So yes, there is benefit to collabing with a smaller youtuber if they can add to your commentary and make you look better. As far as finding people to collab with, I would recommend finding someone you are comfortable around if you can, but keep an eye out because some youtubers have different opinions. For example, I personally tend to refuse collab requests as most of the people who ask to collab are smaller than me and do not have very engaging content. However if I found someone that could add on to my content, I would consider it. Some youtubers will refuse to do any collabs with anyone who they don't know, while others are very open to collabs with others. Keep looking around and trying to make friends on yttalk and youtube, and you will find someone to collab with. In the meantime make sure you have quality content to make you more appealing to bigger channels! Hope this helped :D
this^