How did you learn to edit?

Video copilot is great for after effects, although it's a little outdated. Also surfaced studio.

I've had a mac for ages and always played around on that with small clips. Now I am starting to improve my editing so might need to upgrade programs.

I am also starting to watch tutorials and stuff to increase my knowledge.

I actually had a program on another computer that I wont be able to use anymore so I will be learning my new program like I learned the older one. Experience plain and simple.If I have questions find forums or videos and after that just go for it .

I started off with Windows Movie Maker. Played around with it for a bit. Learned basic effects and cuts and whatnot. Then when I started to get into more - shall we say - advanced features like adding background music and text on top and multiple audio tracks etc... I moved to a more complex but still relatively simple software program called I believe CyberLink PowerDirect or something like that. That served as the kind of in-between from Movie Maker to Sony Vegas which is what I use now. By the time I was using Sony Vegas however, I was in college learning 3D Animation which required some complex editing techniques and classes so that really helped. Other than that, I still just played around and learnt as I went. Building on top of what I knew and slowly adding more and more to my videos.

you wanna know how to edit? the power of youtube my friend, thats how. whenever i have a qeustion about how to do a certain action BOOM! youtube helps me out. the interent is a powerful thing

I learned through YouTube and Googling. Before that, used Windows Movie Maker until I realized the videos produced were too plain.

Back