VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel has been going through huge growing pains since it started 4 years ago. It started off ok, yet things went stale quickly. I only reach 100 subscribers after 3 years, and even though I am now just 1 off 200, the general viewing of my videos has been going down. In my first year I made my most viewed video to this day, which got 300 view. Then when I started recording Minecraft on my channel in late 2015, all my videos were doing ok, with around 40-50 views each. Yet despite to huge improvements to quality, my current Minecraft videos get around 10 views each.

Then a few months ago, I started a new series, of me opening Pokémon cards, and it way better then I expected. The first video got around 30 views just 1 hour after uploading. Since then I released a lot more Pokémom card opening videos, all of them, except for the one I uploaded two days ago, did really well. However they don't grow my channel at all, no extra subscriber growth nor extra views on all my other videos. The only thing I noticed is that I get more comments. I used to get around 3 a month, but now I get at least 1 per video.

On top of that my viewer retention time is awful, with 20% for the past week, 15% for the past 28 days, 6.6% for the past 90 days, 6.8% for this year so far, and 8% for the entire history of my channel, suggesting there is an disconnect between what people were expecting and what there was.

So I am looking for feedback on what could've caused my channel to be in such a state after 4 years of consistent uploading, and feedback on how to improve to get out of this hole. Is there even still hope for my channel? I mean I haven't even hit 10k views yet which you need to start advertising.

iJustin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel has been going through huge growing pains since it started 4 years ago. It started off ok, yet things went stale quickly. I only reach 100 subscribers after 3 years, and even though I am now just 1 off 200, the general viewing of my videos has been going down. In my first year I made my most viewed video to this day, which got 300 view. Then when I started recording Minecraft on my channel in late 2015, all my videos were doing ok, with around 40-50 views each. Yet despite to huge improvements to quality, my current Minecraft videos get around 10 views each.

Then a few months ago, I started a new series, of me opening Pokémon cards, and it way better then I expected. The first video got around 30 views just 1 hour after uploading. Since then I released a lot more Pokémom card opening videos, all of them, except for the one I uploaded two days ago, did really well. However they don't grow my channel at all, no extra subscriber growth nor extra views on all my other videos. The only thing I noticed is that I get more comments. I used to get around 3 a month, but now I get at least 1 per video.

On top of that my viewer retention time is awful, with 20% for the past week, 15% for the past 28 days, 6.6% for the past 90 days, 6.8% for this year so far, and 8% for the entire history of my channel, suggesting there is an disconnect between what people were expecting and what there was.

So I am looking for feedback on what could've caused my channel to be in such a state after 4 years of consistent uploading, and feedback on how to improve to get out of this hole. Is there even still hope for my channel? I mean I haven't even hit 10k views yet which you need to start advertising.
Hey buddy believe it or not I'm in the EXACT same boat as you, i started off really well by gaining loads of views and then some came over to leave comments and likes, BUT,
i have noticed that I am now loosing subscribers incredibly fast and the views are also starting to slow down, this was after due to Google+ taking over.
they are and still are causing Sh*t on YouTube, and also I've been told due to YouTube screwing up the Algorithm is based on a YouTuber who has ruined it for everyone..
Plus It's not your channel that's going down its YouTube's Algorithm that has gone completely out of whack!

so keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure it'll start up again, a LOAD of subscribers are also complaining your not the first and you definitely won't be the last mate.