Help

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope I am in the right part of the forum.

Hey I am Samira

I have been thinking about adding a new segment to my channel but I am unsure about the direction.

At the moment I do monthly favorites, monthly design (I give myself a design project every month. However many have been asking for a tutorials )
And monthly challenge (I do a 30 day challenge)

I spilt monthly design up into two videos at the moment... but I want to the replace the part two with a whole new catergory.

The only idea I have had as of yet is monthly topic (explaining a topic each month or maybe making it a design topic each month)

And monthly myth (debunking a myth ... I think this will make my channel even more random then it already is and I can believe I dont have enough expertise )

Would any of these ideas interest you or is there advice you would give me? Or do you have an idea for me? Maybe something you've seen before or would come to mind :) I want to optimise my channel and I dont really like the fact that I am splitting the monthly design video into 2 parts

Thanks in advance :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

Reactions: Samira

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been thinking about adding a new segment to my channel but I am unsure about the direction.
Since your channel is still in it's early stage, there is no need to worry if you take a different direction or add/remove segments. Do what you think will be most satisfying for you/your viewers. Even if you lose some of your earliest subscribers, when you find a topic that is really compelling and attractive, it will bring much more viewers and subscribers, than losing. The true/loyal fans will stay anyway. Good luck.

Last edited:

Studz McGee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I couldn't find these challenges you spoke of, just mind rambles, which seem to be really successful for a small channel anyway so congrats on that! I'd definitely consider adding more segments to mix things up, give the audience a bit more. Good work on the channel, nice job!

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I couldn't find these challenges you spoke of, just mind rambles, which seem to be really successful for a small channel anyway so congrats on that! I'd definitely consider adding more segments to mix things up, give the audience a bit more. Good work on the channel, nice job!
In my playlist I have one called monthly challenges :) Mind ramble is my channel name[DOUBLEPOST=1513250801,1513250675][/DOUBLEPOST]
Since your channel is still in it's early stage, there is no need to worry if you take a different direction or add/remove segments. Do what you think will be most satisfying for you/your viewers. Even if you lose some of your earliest subscribers, when you find a topic that is really compelling and attractive, it will bring much more viewers and subscribers, than losing. The true/loyal fans will stay anyway. Good luck.

Thank you :) I try something out and see what works. I just prefer to have fixed plan (thats my personality :D )

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you :) I try something out and see what works. I just prefer to have fixed plan (thats my personality :D )
Sticking to plan is very good in real life. But for YouTube you have to experiment and adapt to the audience, if you want to get results.

If you do it just for a hobby/fun then you can stick to a plan, without looking at the comments/analytics.

For me I have changed many times the direction of my main channel and in August this year I took a total overhaul of the channel, after many requests and analytics hints. Hopefully, the loyal fans stayed and later the subscribers doubled and the views quadrupled, so retrospectively, it was a good decision. It took me only five years to take the decision (haha, I don't think I am slow decision maker).

Additionally I have an experiment channel, where I upload random screencaptures of obscure, long time forgotten software and needless to say its just for the fun and I even don't look at its analytics, since watching empty charts will be no fun at all.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sticking to plan is very good in real life. But for YouTube you have to experiment and adapt to the audience, if you want to get results.

If you do it just for a hobby/fun then you can stick to a plan, without looking at the comments/analytics.

For me I have changed many times the direction of my main channel and in August this year I took a total overhaul of the channel, after many requests and analytics hints. Hopefully, the loyal fans stayed and later the subscribers doubled and the views quadrupled, so retrospectively, it was a good decision. It took me only five years to take the decision (haha, I don't think I am slow decision maker).

Additionally I have an experiment channel, where I upload random screencaptures of obscure, long time forgotten software and needless to say its just for the fun and I even don't look at its analytics, since watching empty charts will be no fun at all.

You are right

It just a little bit of a mental block I need to overcome :) I do youtube as a hobby but my goal is also improve on said hobby so this little wall wont stop me... I have nothing to lose I can only gain from the experience (today I heard a quote "nobody move anything by doing what the others do) I just have to jump in the deep end

Thank for all the replies I think I know what I will do ans have gain new confidence :)