HELP STARTING UP NEW CHANNEL

Brad Parrett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hello! I recently just started my youtube channel and want some help on how to start it. I have a few videos but don't really know how to gain subscribers.
Any advice?

AnnaGermanGirl

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The best thing you can do is to keep uploading videos. :)

Also:
- find FB groups/reddit pages/forums/twitter accounts with similar interests and network with them, post your videos occasionally (but don't spam)
- find a few other youtubers to collaborate with

Reactions: TastyGamers

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
  1. Start with content. Concentrate on making the best videos you can; the type of videos you would want to watch if you saw them on YouTube
  2. The best place to start gaining subscribers is with your own personal circle of friends/family/social network connections. Post your video links to your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram accounts and let everyone know you have content
  3. Be good to the people who visit your channel1 If someone leaves a comment, thank them for it and engage with them.
  4. Start promoting outside of your own circle. If your channel is about something specialized, take advantage of forums/communities that also specialize in that specialty and become a member of that community, so people know where to find you.
  5. Keep making good content! This is so key...I see lots of channels start up, and then a couple of months later, the creator goes AWOL and stops posting for 3 months and then comes back with a huge apology video and posts maybe 1 more thing and then does it again. Subscribers don't like to wait forever for the next video.