HELP!! Custom URL?

BitsOfBen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Is it now 100 subscribers before you can now get a youtube URL? I registered a new youtube channel for someone else about 10 months ago and it said I needed 500 subs before I could register a youtube URL. Good for you getting it sorted. Back when I opened my youtube account in 2013 you could get your youtube URL straight off the bat. Also another handy tip you'll find with ranking your channel in google is when you are putting the tags in your videos, always add your youtube name in their too. I don't know how much of the world this works in but in the UK if you search my username "Bits Of Ben" in regular google, my channel always comes out top of the searches and I've only got 519 subs right now. Hope this helps!

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually was able to get the URL I wanted by actually waiting a couple of days. I don't know why Youtube does this but it's not just my channel. If you're willing to wait at least a week there might be the chance when you got to create your custom URL that you will not need to add any extra characters.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah I heard that they eventually offer you your URL if it's not in use if you don't claim the one they offer initially, or if there really are others using it then when you get to a high enough level of popularity. I figured though since I don't know how long that'd be, and since I knew mine wasn't in use already, I'd go about it the way I did so I could get it right away. :)

Another interesting thing I learned during the process is apparently you can get your custom URL as soon as you have 10 G+ followers, so if that's easier for you to obtain than 100 subscribers, do that, or get your friends to follow you or whatever. Bam, set your custom G+ url and it'll give you the same custom name on YouTube too. :) (note: I think you have to do it from your G+ page)

Jay Dilla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello all, I need help!

Everyone! I just recently got approved to get a custom URL finally!
Bad news is for some reason when in the google+ page it tells me that many people have my chosen URL (the one chosen by default since my first name is terrible and last name twenties) even though it clearly isn't in use on youtube

Below are screenshots! any help? it would completely ruin everything if I have to add numbers!

Any help would be appreciate!
Thank you in advance

Attachments

NerdByte

OFFICIAL YTtalk FIRST AIDER
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Best thing I could suggest is trying to get onto YouTube Support and see what they have to say about it, It happened to me as well: I wasnted /c/NerdByte but had to settle for /c/NerdByteVideos :/

Reactions: Jay Dilla

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
I've heard you can remove a letter when you ask for your url and add the missing letter as the "added letter or number".
But you should look this up on this forum, because other people explain it better than me...

Jay Dilla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I gave feed back on both YouTube and Google + no response so far :([DOUBLEPOST=1454618785,1454618751][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've heard you can remove a letter when you ask for your url and add the missing letter as the "added letter or number".
But you should look this up on this forum, because other people explain it better than me...
It's so funny that you say that because I changed my name several times considering to do that but I was too scared and now I have to wait 3 months :/

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The youtube team will not reply to you for a long time bro, the custom url they have given to you isn't that bad, and tbh having a custom url isn't the be all and end all!..trust me!

Todd Talks

I'm Talkin' Here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was eligible for a custom url earlier this week and when I went to request it, they told me the same thing about ToddTalks. Since I didn't want to add any letters or anything else to it, I just left it. A couple of days later, I got a notification basically saying "you can have a custom url we want to give you ToddTalks." I accepted and now ToddTalks is my custom url. :dance:

I don't know if it helps at all but you might want to just sit on it for a few days, worked for me. ;)