HELP!! Custom URL?

InstinctiveGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
you have to have 100+ subs and must have a channel for 30 days then you can change your url.

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Was going to make a new thread but since this is related to custom URLs it'll fit.

If anyone's anything like me and regrets the s**t out of their first custom URL choice, YouTube support now offers to let you change it one time. Thanks to a heads up from an /r/letsplay post I was finally able to claim the name I originally wanted. Just scroll down to the bottom of any page, click help, and choose the e-mail option. In the reasons why I explained that /c/CartoonsByCromartie no longer fit the vision for my channel and was a regretful first choice. Within two hours they e-mailed me to let me know /c/Cromartie was available.

Gosh I feel so damn good, it's like a Christmas gift. My URL loomed over my head for years. :bounce:

OneSpeak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that's really bad when u find that your name is already taken, although u could put some symbols around ur name like _ or xXx
I see some channels do that.

connorhawke

Reaction score
Anyone know how long until I'm allowed to re-change my forename on a Google account after changing it? I know with surname it's a few months.

Last edited:

AbyssDroidZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Okay U Need at least 100 subs or more to create custom URL for ur YouTube channel..... That's why I'm waiting to get to 100 subs so I could make a custom URL.

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First things first, your channel needs to be eligible to get a YouTube custom URL. Your channel needs to have 500 or more subscribers, be at least 30 days old, have an uploaded photo for the channel icon, have uploaded channel art, and, on top of all that, needs to be in good standing. If you meet all of these criteria, or are extremely close, then you can start thinking about your custom URL. This is why the custom URL on YouTube is a sign of prestige; you must have at least 500 subs to be eligible. It’s an awesome milestone to reach, but also a daunting one, as this decision cannot be reversed once finalized.

Conight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
BE CAREFUL years ago I was hacked by a old friend who thought it would be funny to change my URL to Poopnurse and its now forever stuck as Poopnurse because you only get one change.

I've gotten used to Poopnurse now actually...

FloFloBear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I made my account a long time ago so got a legacy /user/ URL which cannot be removed or changed. Now you need 100 subs first, but at least you get a chance to change it later.