HELP!! Custom URL?

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There was a workaround regarding changing your G+ name or something like that but I opted not to do that and just patiently wait. Plus it'll feel better knowing I earned it. :)
Yeah I tried doing that, didn't work out though...

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I wanted to make a custom URL that goes yt.com/c/wiseman, but Google says that "many people" already have it. Therefore I need your help.

1) Isn't that a bug, because when I go to that adress error appears, so I guess that no one has that name (so says yt search)

2) What characters can I add to the yt.com/c/wiseman in order to establish a custom url without making it look weird or unreadable?

mindway

Rock 'N Roll
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
how about wiseman1 ?

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Probably people don't have it as URL but as name for their channel.

wisemanhd

CuriousBrain

Reaction score
I recommend you use a username generator and use "wiseman" as the base word, there will be lot of suggested usernames you can then choose from.

Gametrap

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I recently became eligible for a custom URL for YouTube and Google+, but every time I try to claim youtube.com/c/thegametrap, I get the following message: Many people have the same name. Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for you.
This is really weird, because if you go to: youtube.com/c/thegametrap
It says, that this channel doesn't exist, which means that the URL hasn't been claimed yet.
How do I fix this and claim my YouTube URL?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It looks like thegametrap is already taken here: youtube.com/thegametrap

It's a user account, so you'd do youtube.com/user instead of youtube.com/c

Gametrap

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It looks like thegametrap is already taken here:

It's a user account, so you'd do youtube.com/user instead of youtube.com/c
No, I think you are thinking of the wrong thing.

The entire reason why the youtube system switched to the youtube.com/c system was because there were a lot of dead accounts using the youtube.com/user system. It is now impossible to create a youtube.com/user URL.

They are in no way connected and as long as youtube.com/c/thegametrap is free, I should be able to claim it.

Tommy Oliver from Rebel Pixels had the same problem and he explained it detail. We had a conversation about it on Twitter and he said, he just waited and eventually they let him claim it, but he has no idea why.

I'm trying to figure out why he was able to claim it. What you said has absolutely nothing to with this.
Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but what you said just seems ignorant.