Both of my channels hasn't been growing lately and it's getting frustrating. Other people grow faster than me and I want to improve my content but I get dislikes and sub4sub comments all the time. I am trying to say I am not trying to be perfect but someone who can put similes on people faces. That's why I came to this forum because I want to help people who going through the same thing I am. I know I need to buy equipment to make my content but money ( I got a PayPal or Gamewisp but it's optional) is not tight right now. Time and time again I feel like giving up on Youtube but I gotta find the light at the end of the tunnel. In closing do you feel like your hardwork doesn't pay off and sub count is stuck? I am going on Youtube and I don't care about people unsubbing because those people are fake. I just want to be me and not Pewdipie or any other popular Youtubers

Yeah that's tough!

I feel like I'm making videos and putting everything in that I can to make the best content possible, but I am still stuck at 13 subs. I don't know why because I do promote on social media but it doesn't seem to work.

This leads my mind to sub4sub, but I know it is wrong and won't do it.

Basically I think we just need to keep making good content and someday, somewhere we will break the ceiling:thumbsup2:

Both of my channels hasn't been growing lately and it's getting frustrating. = I just want to be me and not Pewdipie or any other popular Youtubers

If you get frustrated you have to reflect on yourself. Why do you do this? Does the creative process do anything for you? Or are you in it 100% for the fame? If the latter I have the best message for you: Quit.

It will only get more frustrating the longer you go on. If you don't grow to 100K in the first 6 months it is unlikely that your channel will all of a sudden blow up. It can still happen, but it becomes more unlikely the longer it takes. I have been at it for just over 3 years and that is the time it took me to get to 3200ish subscribers. That is another thing, you look at the numbers of others but do not realize how long it took them to get there. For me growth was (and by all other standards still) is slow.

0-100 -> one year
0-1000 -> two year
0-3000 -> three years

You might think: Oh hey, that's exponential growth, you'll be at 7000 when year 4 rolls around! Nope, the numbers do not support that at all. So the message is clear. You do it #1 for your own pleasure. If you do not gain pleasure from it invest your time into something else. It is a labor of love, no matter if you have 100 subscribers of 100.000. It will take the same amount of time and effort to make those videos. Frustrating that typically only 300 people seem to watch my MotoVlogs that I take hours to edit? Nope. Otherwise I wouldn't do them. The creative process is awesome. The comments that I get from those 300 viewers are awesome. I do other videos that typically hit 1000 within the first week (think my car reviews and cars and coffee). Nothing compared to those YouTubers that hit 100k views within the first hour. But hey? I don't care. I love what I do, and those comments, views and subscribers? Icing. Delicious icing on the awesome cake that I already have. And the cake and icing still seem to grow slowly every week. And that's awesome.

If you're stuck in a rut right now and want to give up, then you need to stop focusing on sub counts/views and instead shift your attention to enjoying yourself. If you are laser focused on your sub count and it's making you want to stop creating, it's going to transfer into your content. Take a step back, make videos you enjoy, and interact with people. Comment on other videos, participate in the forum, offer helpful advice to others, put yourself out there a little -- BUT not in a sub4sub way. Just be genuine and interact with other creators.

Good luck to you!

If you get frustrated you have to reflect on yourself. Why do you do this? Does the creative process do anything for you? Or are you in it 100% for the fame? If the latter I have the best message for you: Quit.

It will only get more frustrating the longer you go on. If you don't grow to 100K in the first 6 months it is unlikely that your channel will all of a sudden blow up. It can still happen, but it becomes more unlikely the longer it takes. I have been at it for just over 3 years and that is the time it took me to get to 3200ish subscribers. That is another thing, you look at the numbers of others but do not realize how long it took them to get there. For me growth was (and by all other standards still) is slow.

0-100 -> one year
0-1000 -> two year
0-3000 -> three years

You might think: Oh hey, that's exponential growth, you'll be at 7000 when year 4 rolls around! Nope, the numbers do not support that at all. So the message is clear. You do it #1 for your own pleasure. If you do not gain pleasure from it invest your time into something else. It is a labor of love, no matter if you have 100 subscribers of 100.000. It will take the same amount of time and effort to make those videos. Frustrating that typically only 300 people seem to watch my MotoVlogs that I take hours to edit? Nope. Otherwise I wouldn't do them. The creative process is awesome. The comments that I get from those 300 viewers are awesome. I do other videos that typically hit 1000 within the first week (think my car reviews and cars and coffee). Nothing compared to those YouTubers that hit 100k views within the first hour. But hey? I don't care. I love what I do, and those comments, views and subscribers? Icing. Delicious icing on the awesome cake that I already have. And the cake and icing still seem to grow slowly every week. And that's awesome.

Thanks for the insight! I will keep going

Creators are an interesting lot. We put our heart and souls into something that has absolutely no guarantee of succeeding, or even finding an audience, and we're told that we have to be okay with it. It is a heartbreaking endeavor to try to make something that's your absolute best, but it has no guarantee (and actually, very little chance of succeeding).

I think it comes down to, for me, loving the process of creation more than loving the idea of success. If the work is done and I'm happy with it, that has to be success for me. I've been an artist in too many different mediums that have very little audience for it not to be.
I agree. I just love doing it. I mean, someday it would be awesome to have the kind of resources the bigger stars have, like expensive computer and editing equipment, or how the Channel Awesome actually rent out (or bought, I'm not sure) an entire place for their studio and whatnot. But hey, I do what I can with my limited resources.

Sometimes my videos have a lot of editing and scenes and whatnot, and I get asked why I even bother if the end result will only get 10 or so views. I just keep going because it's something I enjoy doing.

With so many channels & content uploaded on Youtube, it is hard to get the exposure you deserve indeed. I would say it's not just a matter of what you're posting, quality-wise, but also more about SEO. If you do a little research on that, I think you should see your videos get more likes and positive comments ;)

I like to think like this: To create not for the result.
I love to create all kinds of videos, and if I feel proud of the end result then I feel that I have succeded. Keep doing what you LOVE and eventually it will come. However besides the creating, you have to pay attention to video SEO on Youtube and having a minimum decent connecting design on your channel.

Checklist:

- Connecting banner, avatar and thumbnail design
- Proper title, description and tags (Tons of videos on Youtube talking about how you should title your video depending on your tags.)
- Your channel needs to be able to tell what it is about without someone having to click on one of your videos.
- Pay attention to Audience Retention, the higher watchtime you have on your videos the more likely your videos are to appear in Youtube search.
- Your first aim should be for people to be able to find you through Youtube, for an example, Youtube Search, rather than focusing on promoting your videos on other sites.

Back