Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Both of my channels hasn't been growing lately and it's getting frustrating. Other people grow faster than me and I want to improve my content but I get dislikes and sub4sub comments all the time. I am trying to say I am not trying to be perfect but someone who can put similes on people faces. That's why I came to this forum because I want to help people who going through the same thing I am. I know I need to buy equipment to make my content but money ( I got a PayPal or Gamewisp but it's optional) is not tight right now. Time and time again I feel like giving up on Youtube but I gotta find the light at the end of the tunnel. In closing do you feel like your hardwork doesn't pay off and sub count is stuck? I am going on Youtube and I don't care about people unsubbing because those people are fake. I just want to be me and not Pewdipie or any other popular Youtubers

Reactions: Voov

Bomber Brigade

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am going through the same thing. I don't think all of my content is great in terms of production value but I definitely feel your situation. For about 2 weeks I had 4-6 views on every video I uploaded and then the week after I've only gotten 1 or 2 views on a video. I have 2 videos this week that have 0 views but in the previous week they got 3 sometimes more. I don't know what happened. But there's always gonna a time where there will be a struggle to grow. Some luck is involved but I personally fee that its just going to take time. The approach I'm taking is to just continue and make new videos that I really enjoy making and just have fun. Growth will just take time, its frustrating but time is the key.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Creators are an interesting lot. We put our heart and souls into something that has absolutely no guarantee of succeeding, or even finding an audience, and we're told that we have to be okay with it. It is a heartbreaking endeavor to try to make something that's your absolute best, but it has no guarantee (and actually, very little chance of succeeding).

I think it comes down to, for me, loving the process of creation more than loving the idea of success. If the work is done and I'm happy with it, that has to be success for me. I've been an artist in too many different mediums that have very little audience for it not to be.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Creators are an interesting lot. We put our heart and souls into something that has absolutely no guarantee of succeeding, or even finding an audience, and we're told that we have to be okay with it. It is a heartbreaking endeavor to try to make something that's your absolute best, but it has no guarantee (and actually, very little chance of succeeding).

I think it comes down to, for me, loving the process of creation more than loving the idea of success. If the work is done and I'm happy with it, that has to be success for me. I've been an artist in too many different mediums that have very little audience for it not to be.
i swear xing always knows the right thing to say. becoming "successful" at youtube is a long hard grind. the chance of you going viral or exploding is so tiny its not worth even thinking about. you have to enjoy and take pride in planning/writing/shooting/editing/promoting videos. thats what your going to be spending all your time doing. if you don't love that more than anything else. then you might as well give up. because in reality, most new channels (even if they have fantastic content) are 2-3 years away from even making a bit of pocket money. and a large percentage won't even get that far. there is no guarantee that you will ever grow on youtube. and if you can't accept that. then your going to struggle

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ok. My channel is not really growing right now. But I am also not really working on it, because I have some troubles with my projects and work comes first. However, Casey Neistat got an advice from Roman Atwood, which is really great. Keep uploading. I went through some channels and checked their analytics. It took some people to 10 years to gain 4 million subs. Some other took it 2 years to gain 4 million subs. But what both have in common is the consistency of upload. Upload on schedule, don't leave days out. If you can, take a break for a week, produce some content ahead, so you are never short on videos and continue working on them. I know some people have jobs and do YouTube as a hobby, so sometimes you don't have the time to film, edit and upload. This is why you should work ahead in the beginning and use your free time to promote it across social media.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
if its not a positive thing for you right now try and make it positive, if your not getting any responses on youtube, use other sites. if your playing certain games, get involved in those games' websites, and forums, get to know people, and enjoy yourself! look forward to posting the next video because you can share your experiences, and funny moments with the people you have met. create a community.

find other people in the same situation as you, and watch how they grow.

and if you post a lot, consider lowering the amount you post, if its discouraging, the last thing you want is to overwork yourself. keep a schedule that your happy with, and where it doesn't feel like solid work.

best of luck!

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Everything that xingcat said!
Dont forget to enjoy your beginnings ! One day you will look back on this moment and will miss the uncertainty! :D

Good luck on your channel. ;D

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Wiser words have not been spoken!
I'll be quoting this on twitter if ya don't mind, xingcat! ;)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I respect you not wanting to be like everyone else! I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV