Google+ ????

Freshly Finished

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Just wondering if anyone else here is as foreign to G+ as i am lol. I keep hearing great success stories about it but have not found any good techniques to going about it. Do any of you have any tips, tricks, or advice when it comes to google plus? Let me (and all the other lost G+ Souls out there) know what you have to say!

Reactions: ChrisLegend

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just wondering if anyone else here is as foreign to G+ as i am lol. I keep hearing great success stories about it but have not found any good techniques to going about it. Do any of you have any tips, tricks, or advice when it comes to google plus? Let me (and all the other lost G+ Souls out there) know what you have to say!
I have about 250k views on my G+ profile. I think a large number of those are pictures, but a lot of them are also video views. I'm actually doing a GIF experiment right now, I'm posting this GIF to a dog community on G+ and posting the YouTube link to it to see if people click. The good thing about GIFs is they are already playing automatically so it's like a preview

Freshly Finished

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I have about 250k views on my G+ profile. I think a large number of those are pictures, but a lot of them are also video views. I'm actually doing a GIF experiment right now, I'm posting this GIF to a dog community on G+ and posting the YouTube link to it to see if people click. The good thing about GIFs is they are already playing automatically so it's like a preview
awesome!
Please let me know how that goes! i am currently just building my network of communities on G+ right now and will see how that goes lol. I Definitely see some potential here tho

CallumPizza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am in the same boat as you, except I didn't think anyone used Google+. It seems quite foreign and hard to grasp, as opposed to Facebook and Twitter.

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use google plus. It's not an amazing amount of views, but it is consistent. There are a lot of animal communities so it's good for me. You need to join some communities and just start commenting and seeing how it goes. Try to find ones that have multiple posts everyday and not all the same people posting all the time. I also will click on some of the people who post to see other communities where they have posted to get ideas on what communities might be good. I have 51 followers and 117,000 views (I really don't know what that means.) I read that it's good to add a comment along with your link. It seems like there are a lot of non-English speaking people on google plus, but you can read their comments using the google translate button that is right there so it is kind of fun. Whenever I post, I then spend 5-10 minutes commenting on other posts. I will only post on 2-3 communities a day and usually only 5 communities all together for any single link that I am sharing.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm in like 60+ communities for sure, and just post my link with a description. I mostly post there during the first 48 hours of my video and depending on how big a community is, I'll post more than once in it. I've never had any complaints except in that one time I posted my "positive thinking" video in the Buddhist community :D

Once in awhile my link will get lots of likes and it stays on top of the page. That's when I get the most views. It's definitely not the number one platform that drives traffic for me.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm in like 60+ communities for sure, and just post my link with a description. I mostly post there during the first 48 hours of my video and depending on how big a community is, I'll post more than once in it. I've never had any complaints except in that one time I posted my "positive thinking" video in the Buddhist community :D

Once in awhile my link will get lots of likes and it stays on top of the page. That's when I get the most views. It's definitely not the number one platform that drives traffic for me.
Just curious, what is your number one source for traffic? I can't seem to get much success with Twitter or Facebook. If you say Twitter or Facebook, I'll cry. Actually, I'll just wonder what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I should join more groups.

Google + is just... odd. I tried a couple communities (not a good testing pool because it was pretty small) and didn't get anything. I guess I'll have to be more active. Somehow.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Just curious, what is your number one source for traffic? I can't seem to get much success with Twitter or Facebook. If you say Twitter or Facebook, I'll cry. Actually, I'll just wonder what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I should join more groups.

Google + is just... odd. I tried a couple communities (not a good testing pool because it was pretty small) and didn't get anything. I guess I'll have to be more active. Somehow.
Well looking at my last 30 days
Watch time / Views
External sites - 45% / 39%
youtube Search - 20% /17%
youtube channel - 20% / 21%
Suggested vidz - 7.6% / 6.1%

To break down my external:
Watch time / Views
Reddit - 42% / 42%
Gospeaky.com - 21% /14%
Facebook - 7% / 7%
Google+ - 6% / 4.6%
Google Search - 2.8% / 2.4%
Yttalk - 1% / 0.7%
And a bunch of others less than 1%. Twitter as much as I tweet there 5-8 times a day with 1200+ followers was still only 0.5%.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well looking at my last 30 days
Watch time / Views
External sites - 45% / 39%
youtube Search - 20% /17%
youtube channel - 20% / 21%
Suggested vidz - 7.6% / 6.1%

To break down my external:
Watch time / Views
Reddit - 42% / 42%
Gospeaky.com - 21% /14%
Facebook - 7% / 7%
Google+ - 6% / 4.6%
Google Search - 2.8% / 2.4%
Yttalk - 1% / 0.7%
And a bunch of others less than 1%. Twitter as much as I tweet there 5-8 times a day with 1200+ followers was still only 0.5%.
Oh, you used Reddit. I'm scared to. It's bad enough getting random hate on regular comments that have nothing to do with my channel or self-promotion.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Oh, you used Reddit. I'm scared to. It's bad enough getting random hate on regular comments that have nothing to do with my channel or self-promotion.
I've never had that experience with Reddit. Worst case is that my video gets down voted in certain subreddits. I think as long as you read the rules of the subreddits, and put a good title, you should be fine. My long term goal is to focus more on being found on youtube, but without a high subscriber count, it's hard to rank high in the first 48 hours without massive promoting.