Feedback on My First Lets Play? :D

CapnEthan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So its my first one and I think that it's alright and yes I know, I have lots of room for improvement! But I was wondering if you guys could tell me where that room is, how you think I could get better, or anything in general! I know that I stumble over my words occasionally and that my mic quality isn't the best but its ok for starting out I think. I'm open to any and all constructive criticism so thanks to anyone who helps!

My video is on one of my favorite games, The Last Door. It's a point and click adventure game on steam. There are 4 episodes in season 1 and 2 parts for each episode however I have not published part 2 of episode one yet. I did make a little outro screen to link people to the next videos in the series when I upload them!

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello buddy! The video wasn't bad, for being your first one, but of course there is something you can improve. The audio quality was almost good, except for a little bit of echo: where are you recording? In your room there is plenty of space or is small? Bigger rooms can be a little bit tricky because the audio will explore the entire room, resulting into the echo. I don't know how you recorded your audio, but if you don't own it yet download audacity and use the noise removal and compression plugins because they can do wonders!
The video quality had nothing bad. I noticed some dead air moments (they are completely normal so don't worry!) so you can try and cut them out in the best way possible, I know that fluency comes with time (I'm still struggling a lot).
Nice first video. Before starting to worry about the promotion try to fix those small technical issues and you are good!

CapnEthan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey thanks the reply man! I'm recording in my living room which is also kinda my kitchen and dining room since there is no wall separating it. That along with a vaulted ceiling makes quite a large room hah xD so I'll start recording in my room which is much smaller.
No, I don't have audacity. I've heard about it but was never too sure how it would help me.
And about the dead air time, yea it's hard, not always sure what to talk about at times. Hope I get better there.
Thanks again for all the advice!

Pineapple101

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
It's good for your first video, the biggest issue I can see is the game audio is too loud and sometimes hard to hear what you are saying (see 10:57 - 11:19). You could also try to cut out segments where not much is happening to reduce the overall length of the video.

CapnEthan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
True true thanks for the tips I'll work on both of those things thanks again man!