Featured Content - Latest Video or Your Channel?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Which do you prefer to promote across all of your videos using the YouTube Featured Content option? Do you promote your Most Recent Upload using it or Your Channel? :p I change it back and fourth nown again because I cant make up my mind which to leave it on. lol :p

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Which do you prefer to promote across all of your videos using the YouTube Featured Content option? Do you promote your Most Recent Upload using it or Your Channel? :p I change it back and fourth nown again because I cant make up my mind which to leave it on. lol :p
I have my stun gun to the tongue video, that title alone sounds interesting to me

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I promote the most recent upload, vital to get as much exposure for each new video in the first few days to get it to rank.

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I also use my latest video for the feature because it's a good way to make it shine during the first days I suppose. The choice is between either the newest one or something that can really appeal the viewers, like a gateway video.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah didn't think of that bit about it gets good amount of views at start will help it rank well. :D Yeah ill leave mine promoting the most recent upload on my channel then. :D

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube Featured Content option

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I feature the newest one for the reasons others gave. The problem is, I can't set it to "latest video". I have to set it to a specific one whenever a new video gets published, which is every weekday, because it goes by most recent upload, not most recently published. I have a lot of videos uploaded and scheduled to be published. If I have a month's worth of videos uploaded and scheduled for next month, and then upload another one and have it published today, that one video will be featured all next month if I set it to "latest video" because it was uploaded after the others.

Last edited:

RobB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
As a regular viewer I am really annoyed when my subbed channels have 'featured' instead of 'new content'..most of my subs have 'recent upload', so I can just quickly scroll through rows of subbed channels to see what is new. If they don't and I am on any mobile platform, I need to click into the channel to see what is new, which puts them at a disadvantage when there is a juicy new #Vlune that says 'I died in the desert!' right there for me to click on.

NY41

Reaction score
I use the Most Recent for returning subscribers, and rotate through some of my older, more interesting videos for New Visitors. I need to make a channel trailer someday, but for now it works.