Takadaroba

Hello everybody, I was wondering if I could get a few opinions from you guys. The basic plan here is that, a while from now, after one of my current regularly scheduled series is over, I'd like to start a Let's Play of a Pacifist run of Undertale! (If you don't know what Undertale is, I strongly suggest taking a look at it from another Youtuber, or wait for when mine comes out c: )

Anyway, the question here is, do you guys think I should use a facecam to accompany my commentary, or should I just leave it full-screen gameplay? It would be similar to my videos on Minecraft Story Mode if you would like a reference to see the outcome.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Yeah i'd generally advise for webcam. Makes the Lets Play more personal and gives better opportunity to keep something interesting to watch on the screen.

I don't use a face can myself, but I'm sure people don't want to staid at a swamp troll the entire time :p

Seems to be popular though, so if you're looking for retention, it might not be a bad idea.

i would suggest going for the facec cam if possible. its overall beneficial. although saying that. i dont use a face cam and managed to get 440 odd subs in 3 months

Thank you guys for your opinions, I will use the greatly! ^.^
Facecams are the way to go, especially if you are considered attractive. Being attractive and not using a facecam is a huge waste. But really a facecam is beneficial regardless as it helps people identify with you, makes them feel like they're hanging out with you.

Facecams are the way to go, especially if you are considered attractive. Being attractive and not using a facecam is a huge waste. But really a facecam is beneficial regardless as it helps people identify with you, makes them feel like they're hanging out with you.
I'm not sure I'd necessarily be considered attractive, but I guess that's for viewers to decide XD
But the whole beneficial and identifying thought I completely understand and is a great point, thank you very much!

I'm not sure I'd necessarily be considered attractive, but I guess that's for viewers to decide XD
But the whole beneficial and identifying with me thought I completely understand and is a great point, thank you very much!

Hi guys,

I am just wondering what your thoughts are on the face cam?

Do you think it works in a more positive way? You think people would have more of a connection with your videos if you had a cam?

I do intend to use one eventually when confidence grows, just want to know people's views!

Thanks.

I'm simply asking this question because I plan on buying new equipment and among that new equipment is a webcam. I'll be using the webcam to record my face while I play games and for update videos of course. But before I do this, I'd like to know if you all rather watch a YouTuber that has a facecam overlay with the gameplay or a YouTuber that just shows the gameplay with their commentary?

I myself prefer YouTubers with a facecam, because I feel that seeing their face and having them talk to you makes me feel more connected to them and their content.

Back