'Enjoyable' accents?

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is really interesting to me. I'm from the city that Peaky Blinders is set in, which is Birmingham, and we're known as 'Brummies' over here and have the 'Brummie accent'. I've worked really hard to lose the accent over the years, but it still comes through a bit - especially if I've been drinking.

I heard that there was a survey done about British accents. Brits voted the Brummie accent as the worst, saying it makes the speaker sound unintelligent and slow. Meanwhile, the rest of the world voted it as the best accent; to outside ears it apparently has a nice lilt and flow to it. That's one of the reasons why I have promoted my channel outside of the US to start off with!

Funny how this kind of thing works...
Obviously locals do not know what's best :)

Reactions: Time Jacker

Peaceful Scenes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well, people always say they like our South African accents
Another Safafrican! Howzit? Thought I was the only one here. :) Didn't know people liked our SA accents... we certainly have a diversity of them though. I like Irish and Scottish accents, but it doesn't really affect whether I like a Ytuber or not. All accents have a character of their own and I find it very interesting to hear ones I haven't before. I think the only time an accent holds a Ytuber back is when the the speaker can't be understood or if the speaker's English vocabulary is very limited.

Reactions: Sabrina

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I like Scottish accents too. There's just something about them that makes them so nice to listen to.

I've got a couple of comments from people saying they like my (English) accent, which always feels kind of weird because to me my accent is 'normal'.

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
New Zealand accent is cool. I personally have a geordie accent which some people like, others don't. My favourite accent is the welsh accent.

Reactions: Mattaxol

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm kind of interested, since I have quite an unusual accent compared to the rest of YouTube, what kind of accent do you enjoy the most? I personally have an NZ accent, by the way... What do you think about the New Zealand accent? I don't really like it, but I'd be interested to know your favourite accent/most enjoyable/most entertaining accent on YouTube and what you think about the New Zealand accent. My favourite accent is Scottish (chaaboy/azzy on yt) how about you guys? And what do you like about the accent you chose?
I like Australian accents like Children of Poseidon. I've been to Australia and I love their accents and how friendly they are. They all said they like American accents when we were out there too, it's weird to think that the way I talk is an "accent" since I'm always around it.

Reactions: Mattaxol

Smug Thuggler

help!myspacebarisn'tworking!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Another Safafrican! Howzit? Thought I was the only one here. :) Didn't know people liked our SA accents... we certainly have a diversity of them though. I like Irish and Scottish accents, but it doesn't really affect whether I like a Ytuber or not. All accents have a character of their own and I find it very interesting to hear ones I haven't before. I think the only time an accent holds a Ytuber back is when the the speaker can't be understood or if the speaker's English vocabulary is very limited.
Howzit bruh? :D I've actually come across a few South Africans on this site, but I don't think any of them are still active on the forums. Yeah, various people have told me how much they love South African accents, especially the English South African accent, but I like all South African accents :D