Don't Get Offended But I Hate Vloggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that daily vlogs are very hard to do without them getting boring, but there are some people that actually like watching the boring things lol. Me personally I don't care for most vlogs but some of them aren't that bad.
Daily vlogs is mostly what I'm addressing with this thread. I understand someone from India wanting to watch an Irish
Halloween celebration or something, because it's gives us the opportunity to see other cultures and learn about the world without having to travel.
It's all so meta.
I feel stupid not understanding what you're saying.
Generalization in any form isn't very good.
If you don't like how I think, there's a door for a good reason. I'm not personally attacking anybody, or hurting anyone. I am making a generalization, which don't always apply to everyone, but apply to most, from experience. Stereotyping is wrong- but is sometimes right. As humans we can't help but to stereotype to a certain extent. It's wrong of me to say, "Oh he's a man, so he can't cook." But it isn't wrong of me to come to the conclusion that, "Hey, that woman is wearing a hijab, she must be Muslim." Actually, not long ago I wrote an essay on why it's human nature to make these generalizations, it helps us stay alive. When we were cavemen, these habits formed of knowing to stay away from animals of certain colours because generally, they were poisonous. If we didn't make this generalization, who knows how far back our society would be today. Lemme pull up my essay with some quotes to help further my point...
A quote from ABC News explains that, "In a world of survival of the fittest, it makes sense that animals are hard-wired with a basic instinct that has them making snap judgments about their predators. Some chimpanzees attack chimps that are of the same species, but not a part of their group. And some fish attack their own kind simply because they weren't hatched in the same lake. But what about human beings? Psychologists say we categorize -- or stereotype -- by age and race and gender, because our brains are wired to do so automatically."
"When you're a social animal, you need to be able to distinguish who's a friend and who's a foe. You need to understand who's a member of your pack, who's a member of a different pack," said John Dovidio, a professor of psychology at the University of Connecticut.
"Millions of people have been conditioned to perceive generalizations negatively. People commonly say in a dismissive tone, “oh, that is just a generalization”. Our politically correct environment has certainly contributed to this ill-informed idea; which limits our ability to learn and understand new situations. It also makes our thinking conventional and predictable. Given the fact that we live in a global environment characterized by relentless change, we need to become unconventional thinkers. Generalizations are a major component of the unconventional thinking needed to innovate." , from an article called, Generalizations Are Great! By Dr. Eric J. Romero, PhD in 2012.
Without generalizations we wouldn't have theories, or assumptions, concepts, stereotypes, ect. to explain the human behavior.
A little interesting factoid as well is that finding one case where a generalization doesn’t work doesn’t invalidate it; it’s not supposed to explain 100% of the time. There are no generalizations that apply to all people or things; that is why they are called generalizations! In fact, the only way to disprove a generalization is to demonstrate it doesn’t work most (51% >) of the time.
Mmm, it's fine to hate vloggers. They just aren't your cup of tea, you know? In my opinion it doesn't make you hateful it's just different strokes different folks.

Personally, I dig 'em. For people who lead extremely boring lives, like myself, I don't mind watching others walking around, living their life. I particularly loooooooove the ones who are living overseas. I could watch them walk to the convenience store and back home all day, lol. They don't even have to be funny, I just want to watch them because they lead different lives than I do. Since I suffer from severe anxiety, I pretty much stay holed up at home 24/7, and watching others (some that also have anxiety) go out and do things makes me want to go out and do things too lol. Even if it's just helping grandma out with her pot roast. Anyway, I'm rambling!
I myself have an extremely boring life as well, sometimes I do watch vlogs, but only ones that majorly differ from my current life because, why would I watch something I could just readily do? You know? That's your personal opinion, that's completely fine. I disagree, I couldn't watch people just looking at normal things, unless they're talking about an topic I care about, are looking at beautiful sites, or are someone I greatly admire. I myself also have anxiety that stems from my PTSD, so I only leave the house to work and for school. For me, watching "normal everyday vlogs" make me depressed because what's normal to some people, like going to a club meeting, isn't normal for me. It both bores me, because I could do it, but makes me sad because I know I'm way to anxious and depressed to do so. If that makes any sense? I like watching mental illness vlogs, people with depression, ptsd, ocd, or anxiety. I like seeing how they cope, it helps me try to find new ways for me to cope as well.
as @NervousLatte said. different strokes for different folks. i personally dislike 90% of the crap on youtube and it would be a long a** forum post if i decided to list them. but luckily youtube has this epic feature called a search bar. i use it to search for stuff i am interested in. its a really clever new idea :tongue:
That is true, very true and optimistic. I can't think of another "section" of youtube that I dislike as a whole, you know? I don't dislike vloggers as a whole either, just a portion of them, as I've explained in other replies. Different people like different things, and that's okay! I don't use the search bar much actually, because I don't know what I wanna watch until I stumble upon it most of the time! Haha.
Get your point. See it like this. This is real reality TV and sometimes people watch the stuff to feel better about their lives or to look at how people live their lives. However, I have to say, vlogging without topic is really boring. I've seen so many vloggers just doing it for the sake of it. I am subscribed to a couple that vlogs. He is finishing his law degree, she is also doing something. Both have student debt, have no idea what to do next and their vlog is about their transition from school life into the real life. Quite interesting to see how it works for other people. Maybe they have some advice or they made a stupid mistake, so you and the narrator can learn from it.
I personally am not a fan of "reality" TV, partially because it's mostly not real, and because I don't really care what the Kardashian's are doing with their lives. I can understand watching something with a topic, but I was mostly speaking about topicless vlogs, they urk me in a way nothing else does. If I just filmed myself doing nothing and not having a topic, I would feel so cocky. Why would someone want to watch me ramble on about nothing? I'm not famous, I don't have good advice, and I'm really quite shy. I would watch someone who is doing something with their lives that I am interested in, if they openly talk about it. Like school, film making, ect. I'm not interested in talking about a factory workers job, or an office worker. I'd watch a comedy vlog, telling funny or embarrassing stories, because that feels different to me. It's like putting yourself out there for others entertainment, but vlogging without a purpose feels like it's a waste of time because it's really only entertaining the person recording.
I can see what you mean, they really arent that interesting if you're not famous, the only vloggers i really watch is the saccone jolys as i find their kids so adorable, but other youtubers i love i sometimes dont even watch their vlogs especially if they are like a half an hour long i really cant be bothered with that, i dont do daily vlogs because my life just isnt exciting enough to watch, i may sometimes do a little vlog when i go somewhere though, if someone i have befriended on youtube does little vlogs i may watch them too as long as they aren't too long
Instead of focusing on that which you hate how about you turn it around and focus on that which you like? Life is suddenly going to be a whole lot better, and you'll integrate more with the side of YouTube you like.

I watch motovloggers and automotive channels which do have a vlogging component (mine is similar, although I have cut down on vlogging, it does come back in some of my review videos when something unexpected happens). I watch them because they do interesting stuff motorcycle / car related. Even if they do something else, all of them have a very positive feel to them!
I don't spend most of my time thinking about what I don't like, the thought crossed my mind a few times because a bunch of youtubers I follow and see on the forums are vloggers, and I hate vloggers with 0 topic and who are just recording to entertain themself because it feels so cocky on their part. Why would I want to watch you talk for 20 minutes about nothing? If you were telling stories that were interesting, that would be different. But a lot of up coming vloggers are just being as pointless as possible and that feels like such a waste of space on youtube's servers. Instead, we could have a video of that person teaching others how to do something, or giving their view on politics, helping to entertain and educate people. I'm not really a hateful person, actually I think the reason I'm perceived to be is that I am very outspoken. I want others to know my POV and I want to know theirs to hopefully mold one of ours and improving it. If a video is doing something, something you're interested in, that's great! I'm personally not interested in that type of video, but that's okay. Everyone has different opinions. I just don't like when people make pointless vlogs to basically just sit in silence and say they're a youtuber. Youtube is a lot of hard work, and I don't really feel like you earn the title by sitting with your camera not doing a single thing and posting it online. My opinion though.

I can see what you mean, they really arent that interesting if you're not famous, the only vloggers i really watch is the saccone jolys as i find their kids so adorable, but other youtubers i love i sometimes dont even watch their vlogs especially if they are like a half an hour long i really cant be bothered with that, i dont do daily vlogs because my life just isnt exciting enough to watch, i may sometimes do a little vlog when i go somewhere though, if someone i have befriended on youtube does little vlogs i may watch them too as long as they aren't too long
I don't really like kids, so I wouldn't be able to watch someone like that, but that's just my opinion, that doesn't make yours wrong in anyway shape or form! I can't be bothered to watch a half hour of you drive around doing noninteresting chores. I watch youtube to entertain myself, watching you for that long do nothing feels like a chore to me. I understand short vlogs with a purpose, like during vidcon or another even or holiday. But if you're just watching tv- I don't really care. If I wanna see someone watch tv, I'll just go watch tv myself or watch my family do it. If it's a short vlog of doing nothing, but it's someone I care about, I might try to suffer through it, but like I said, it feels much like a chore.

TheSGGamingChannel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean, I can kind of understand that, if you're watching from an outside culture. But if you live in america, I don't see why people like the shaytards and others are so popular-they're just a normal family.[DOUBLEPOST=1468092450,1468092407][/DOUBLEPOST]
See, I understand that. Like, when Shane Dawson was popular. I wanted to see his vlogs and behind the scenes to his skits![DOUBLEPOST=1468092577][/DOUBLEPOST]
See, like I stated before. I understand if it's a big famous person- because as humans we are infatuated with celebrities and watching vlogs of them kind of gives us perspective on how grand their life is, or how much it's lacking in the grandness.

I've never heard of them, personally. Are they just a vlogger? Or do they have like a main channel?
Its the Psycho Dad channel; its vlogs, but before he admitted it was fake, they were all vlogs...but it was all acting. So it definitely wasn't an ordinary life...it was genius.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I keep up with a few vloggers. I think that looking into people's daily lives, especially if they live somewhere really far from my own experience, or do something that's very different from me, can be really interesting.

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Daily vlogs is mostly what I'm addressing with this thread. I understand someone from India wanting to watch an Irish
Halloween celebration or something, because it's gives us the opportunity to see other cultures and learn about the world without having to travel.

I feel stupid not understanding what you're saying.

If you don't like how I think, there's a door for a good reason. I'm not personally attacking anybody, or hurting anyone. I am making a generalization, which don't always apply to everyone, but apply to most, from experience. Stereotyping is wrong- but is sometimes right. As humans we can't help but to stereotype to a certain extent. It's wrong of me to say, "Oh he's a man, so he can't cook." But it isn't wrong of me to come to the conclusion that, "Hey, that woman is wearing a hijab, she must be Muslim." Actually, not long ago I wrote an essay on why it's human nature to make these generalizations, it helps us stay alive. When we were cavemen, these habits formed of knowing to stay away from animals of certain colours because generally, they were poisonous. If we didn't make this generalization, who knows how far back our society would be today. Lemme pull up my essay with some quotes to help further my point...
A quote from ABC News explains that, "In a world of survival of the fittest, it makes sense that animals are hard-wired with a basic instinct that has them making snap judgments about their predators. Some chimpanzees attack chimps that are of the same species, but not a part of their group. And some fish attack their own kind simply because they weren't hatched in the same lake. But what about human beings? Psychologists say we categorize -- or stereotype -- by age and race and gender, because our brains are wired to do so automatically."
"When you're a social animal, you need to be able to distinguish who's a friend and who's a foe. You need to understand who's a member of your pack, who's a member of a different pack," said John Dovidio, a professor of psychology at the University of Connecticut.
"Millions of people have been conditioned to perceive generalizations negatively. People commonly say in a dismissive tone, “oh, that is just a generalization”. Our politically correct environment has certainly contributed to this ill-informed idea; which limits our ability to learn and understand new situations. It also makes our thinking conventional and predictable. Given the fact that we live in a global environment characterized by relentless change, we need to become unconventional thinkers. Generalizations are a major component of the unconventional thinking needed to innovate." , from an article called, Generalizations Are Great! By Dr. Eric J. Romero, PhD in 2012.
Without generalizations we wouldn't have theories, or assumptions, concepts, stereotypes, ect. to explain the human behavior.
A little interesting factoid as well is that finding one case where a generalization doesn’t work doesn’t invalidate it; it’s not supposed to explain 100% of the time. There are no generalizations that apply to all people or things; that is why they are called generalizations! In fact, the only way to disprove a generalization is to demonstrate it doesn’t work most (51% >) of the time.

I myself have an extremely boring life as well, sometimes I do watch vlogs, but only ones that majorly differ from my current life because, why would I watch something I could just readily do? You know? That's your personal opinion, that's completely fine. I disagree, I couldn't watch people just looking at normal things, unless they're talking about an topic I care about, are looking at beautiful sites, or are someone I greatly admire. I myself also have anxiety that stems from my PTSD, so I only leave the house to work and for school. For me, watching "normal everyday vlogs" make me depressed because what's normal to some people, like going to a club meeting, isn't normal for me. It both bores me, because I could do it, but makes me sad because I know I'm way to anxious and depressed to do so. If that makes any sense? I like watching mental illness vlogs, people with depression, ptsd, ocd, or anxiety. I like seeing how they cope, it helps me try to find new ways for me to cope as well.

That is true, very true and optimistic. I can't think of another "section" of youtube that I dislike as a whole, you know? I don't dislike vloggers as a whole either, just a portion of them, as I've explained in other replies. Different people like different things, and that's okay! I don't use the search bar much actually, because I don't know what I wanna watch until I stumble upon it most of the time! Haha.

I personally am not a fan of "reality" TV, partially because it's mostly not real, and because I don't really care what the Kardashian's are doing with their lives. I can understand watching something with a topic, but I was mostly speaking about topicless vlogs, they urk me in a way nothing else does. If I just filmed myself doing nothing and not having a topic, I would feel so cocky. Why would someone want to watch me ramble on about nothing? I'm not famous, I don't have good advice, and I'm really quite shy. I would watch someone who is doing something with their lives that I am interested in, if they openly talk about it. Like school, film making, ect. I'm not interested in talking about a factory workers job, or an office worker. I'd watch a comedy vlog, telling funny or embarrassing stories, because that feels different to me. It's like putting yourself out there for others entertainment, but vlogging without a purpose feels like it's a waste of time because it's really only entertaining the person recording.

I don't spend most of my time thinking about what I don't like, the thought crossed my mind a few times because a bunch of youtubers I follow and see on the forums are vloggers, and I hate vloggers with 0 topic and who are just recording to entertain themself because it feels so cocky on their part. Why would I want to watch you talk for 20 minutes about nothing? If you were telling stories that were interesting, that would be different. But a lot of up coming vloggers are just being as pointless as possible and that feels like such a waste of space on youtube's servers. Instead, we could have a video of that person teaching others how to do something, or giving their view on politics, helping to entertain and educate people. I'm not really a hateful person, actually I think the reason I'm perceived to be is that I am very outspoken. I want others to know my POV and I want to know theirs to hopefully mold one of ours and improving it. If a video is doing something, something you're interested in, that's great! I'm personally not interested in that type of video, but that's okay. Everyone has different opinions. I just don't like when people make pointless vlogs to basically just sit in silence and say they're a youtuber. Youtube is a lot of hard work, and I don't really feel like you earn the title by sitting with your camera not doing a single thing and posting it online. My opinion though.

I don't really like kids, so I wouldn't be able to watch someone like that, but that's just my opinion, that doesn't make yours wrong in anyway shape or form! I can't be bothered to watch a half hour of you drive around doing noninteresting chores. I watch youtube to entertain myself, watching you for that long do nothing feels like a chore to me. I understand short vlogs with a purpose, like during vidcon or another even or holiday. But if you're just watching tv- I don't really care. If I wanna see someone watch tv, I'll just go watch tv myself or watch my family do it. If it's a short vlog of doing nothing, but it's someone I care about, I might try to suffer through it, but like I said, it feels much like a chore.
How did you not see I was f*****g with you. You're slow - from my experience

"It's wrong of me to say, "Oh he's a man, so he can't cook." But it isn't wrong of me to come to the conclusion that, "Hey, that woman is wearing a hijab, she must be Muslim."

Making an observation and being prejudice are two different things.

Also saying 'If you don't like how I think, there is a door for a good reason' shows how unintelligent you are. You posted your thoughts and opinions onto a public forum, you are open to criticism as is everyone else and if you don't like it you can leave.

Don't try to play me.

Reactions: TheBatteryChicken

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Meta means like an in joke or self aware referencing

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't feel more "female" or "male" like, you feel the way society has made you think males or females should think. It's different for trans people, who feel like their bodies are wrong. But people who complain and say they're bigender or whatever, just urk me to death. GENDER IS A SOCIETAL MADE THING AND ISN'T REAL. I REPEAT. IT ISN'T A REAL SOLID THING THERE'S A SPECTRUM AND YOU DON'T NEED TO LABEL ANYTHING JUST BE YOU AND BE HAPPY WITH THAT.
If people want to label, let them. It's one thing to have an opinion, but to force your opinion on others is another.

Wouldn't your channel be considered a vlog channel? In almost every video, you're in a room--sharing your thoughts about something in front of a camera...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Mikes

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't find vlogging all that interesting, either. I don't dislike vloggers. I just mildly dislike vlogging videos. They're just mostly not for me.
But no, instead I'm inside listening to you ramble on about your pot roast and how cute you think your baby is, which I hate to break it to you, I don't agree with in the least bit. I hate babies. (most babies).
However, why do you watch/listen to what you don't like?

Reactions: Tyhd

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If people want to label, let them. It's one thing to have an opinion, but to force your opinion on others is another.

Wouldn't your channel be considered a vlog channel? In almost every video, you're in a room--sharing your thoughts about something in front of a camera...
No didn't you read the OP, she's special because she thinks shes funny

MintApocalypse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The majority of humans have some kind of innate need/wish to tell stories which is both why asking people questions about themselves will keep them engaged in conversation and why people enjoy vlogging (both daily and occasional). Personally I follow a couple of vloggers, I don't really have the time to watch all their videos, but sometimes one appeals to me. It's all in the content and personality for me. But yeah, if they're not your cup of tea, that's cool.

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
haha, oooh I can see this post ruffling some feathers! Totally agree with you though, I know people go mad for vloggers and a lot of them have had huge success, but to me it's just such a boring concept unless that person has some kind of incredibly unique thing. Like I'd watch a vlog of, you know, a touring comedian or a celebrity, member of a band I like, film director etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.