Does it Take Forever for Your Video to Upload? Have No Fear!

HighSocietyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone! I wanted to write a post to help out those who don't have the highest and fastest WI-FI speed. As of right now, I upload one video a a day, usually between 15-25 minutes, in 1080P 60 FPS. Yet, my current WI-FI speed in my house is barely 6 MBPS download and barely 1 MBPS upload. So, I did a little testing of my own, and I have found 2 different places where I can upload videos between 2-4 gigabits in no more than 25 minutes. FOR FREE!!

1. If you go to college, you're in luck! Colleges usually have ridiculously fast WI-FI speeds. I would recommend going to areas that have small populations of students (for me, it is the engineering building). The college library from my experience is, not too fast, but not too slow either. It usually took about 45 minuets to an hour to upload a video there. So I would recommend some type of science but like I said, depends on the college you are attending!

2. Now, what if you don't go to college or it's summer? Well, you are still in luck if you are able to go to your public library! That's right, the public library. I luckily live 2 minutes away from mine and from my experience, it has even faster speeds than school. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes AT MOST to get a video uploaded from there. In my opinion, I prefer the library because it is not as densely populated and it is a great place to get editing and such done if you are out and about with a laptop.

I hope this help you out! It for sure did for me! It is a great substitute to having to pay extra money out of pocket so you can have that WI-FI speed in your home in my opinion. So, yea, that pretty much sums it up, I hope this helped!!
If you guys have any other places that you use, put it down below! Everyone's situation is different so the more places people use the merrier!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ylatten and Jayrod

Jayrod

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone! I wanted to write a post to help out those who don't have the highest and fastest WI-FI speed. As of right now, I upload one video a a day, usually between 15-25 minutes, in 1080P 60 FPS. Yet, my current WI-FI speed in my house is barely 6 MBPS download and barely 1 MBPS upload. So, I did a little testing of my own, and I have found 2 different places where I can upload videos between 2-4 gigabits in no more than 25 minutes. FOR FREE!!

1. If you go to college, you're in luck! Colleges usually have ridiculously fast WI-FI speeds. I would recommend going to areas that have small populations of students (for me, it is the engineering building). The college library from my experience is, not too fast, but not too slow either. It usually took about 45 minuets to an hour to upload a video there. So I would recommend some type of science but like I said, depends on the college you are attending!

2. Now, what if you don't go to college or it's summer? Well, you are still in luck if you are able to go to your public library! That's right, the public library. I luckily live 2 minutes away from mine and from my experience, it has even faster speeds than school. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes AT MOST to get a video uploaded from there. In my opinion, I prefer the library because it is not as densely populated and it is a great place to get editing and such done if you are out and about with a laptop.

I hope this help you out! It for sure did for me! It is a great substitute to having to pay extra money out of pocket so you can have that WI-FI speed in your home in my opinion. So, yea, that pretty much sums it up, I hope this helped!!

Thanks for sharing those two places! I wouldn't of even thought of going to a library to upload a video, but now that I think about it, that's genius! Thanks for sharing, also I enjoyed your Neewer Mic Stand unboxing! Keep it up with your channel! :)

Reactions: HighSocietyGaming

HighSocietyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing those two places! I wouldn't of even thought of going to a library to upload a video, but now that I think about it, that's genius! Thanks for sharing, also I enjoyed your Neewer Mic Stand unboxing! Keep it up with your channel! :)
Thank you! I was excited about the unboxing,sadly it was on a phone cam so the quality isn't fantastic. But I am glad you liked the video! Thank you for checking it out!

Reactions: Jayrod

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Even when I had 1mbps up I just uploaded while I was watching a movie, or uploaded overnight. I sure as heck wasn't going to go elsewhere to upload anything.

But it is a good tip if your internet isn't reliable and slow to boot. Nothing is more crap than having to re-upload because your internet decided to crap out. I got 20mbps up and 300mbps down right now. I upload faster than it takes to render the video. Pretty awesome.

Reactions: HighSocietyGaming

HighSocietyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Even when I had 1mbps up I just uploaded while I was watching a movie, or uploaded overnight. I sure as heck wasn't going to go elsewhere to upload anything.

But it is a good tip if your internet isn't reliable and slow to boot. Nothing is more crap than having to re-upload because your internet decided to crap out. I got 20mbps up and 300mbps down right now. I upload faster than it takes to render the video. Pretty awesome.
Well, even for me, overnight wasn't cutting it. Sometimes it took 10-12 hours to upload a video and when I get at the most 8 hours a night and I need my laptop for school, it really isn't that dependable. But yea I get what you mean and thanks for stopping by!

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

Jayrod

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you! I was excited about the unboxing,sadly it was on a phone cam so the quality isn't fantastic. But I am glad you liked the video! Thank you for checking it out!

Anytime bro! :)

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The college one is such a nifty trick haha, also highly recommend it. Sometimes when I'm running late on my upload and need to get it done ASAP, my university is the number one stop to go to!

Reactions: Jayrod

Jayrod

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The college one is such a nifty trick haha, also highly recommend it. Sometimes when I'm running late on my upload and need to get it done ASAP, my university is the number one stop to go to!

I agree! :D Haha!

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I use LIMITED Mobile Data internet of 5GB to upload my videos. The speed is FAST but my videos are like above 600 MB. I usually lose my data within 10 days then I top up my Internet Data, it costs me $1 every time to top up.
My college is really populated, so when students leave the library, I connect to college library WIFI and boom the internet speed becomes so fast.

DoStuffJosh

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've never had a problem with me internet speed, but, thats a really, really good idea! Everyone usually thinks that they have to stay inside to upload - always forgetting that everywhere has WiFi now. Great tip!