Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I've heard a lot of youtubers debate recently on if they watch their own videos or not.
Personally I watch it through once to make sure what I uploaded is what I wanted to be uploaded and then after that I don't touch it because if I watch it too many times I lose my nerve and want to take it down.
Do you watch your own videos? Why/Why not?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the content. My 'How to' videos I watch through during edit.
My others I throw together and hit publish.

Reactions: SwayManGaming

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I totally understand what you mean by losing your nerve! Sometimes I feel awkward and embarrassed and don't want to watch it at all anymore haha.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I've heard a lot of youtubers debate recently on if they watch their own videos or not.
Personally I watch it through once to make sure what I uploaded is what I wanted to be uploaded and then after that I don't touch it because if I watch it too many times I lose my nerve and want to take it down.
I don't watch them while on YouTube, but before they go up they need to be top quality so yea (and old ones just for the memory's

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I tend to watch them while edit, but afterwards I like to watch it once when it's upload to make sure the rendering and the upload went up smoothly :)

Reaction score
I usually watch my videos once after upload to make sure it plays smoothly, but after a week or so I go back and watch them again, objectively looking for ways I could have done things better and what I can improve upon in future videos. It's not always fun (sometimes I want to delete everything) but the goal is to always improve. Hope this helps!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I watch some of them every once in a while because I like them. I also show them to a lot of people so I watch with them. I post stuff that I would enjoy so naturally I enjoy my own stuff every once in a while.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
While editing, I have a habit of watching the whole thing from the beginning until the point where I need to continue editing very often. Then I'll watch it again before rendering, after rendering and right after uploading.

Once its sitting on youtube, rarely. But I have binge watched my videos and I have to say that I was satisfied lol.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
While editing, I have a habit of watching the whole thing from the beginning until the point where I need to continue editing very often. Then I'll watch it again before rendering, after rendering and right after uploading.

Once its sitting on youtube, rarely. But I have binge watched my videos and I have to say that I was satisfied lol.
I do the same thing when editing, to the point that once they are finally on youtube Im tired of watching them lol

Reactions: wasabiroots

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I do the same thing when editing, to the point that once they are finally on youtube Im tired of watching them lol
Lol yea I know what you mean. But after every few months, I'll binge watch 'em. Just to see how much improvements I've made and to see if its any enjoyable. Like I said, I've been pretty satisfied for now. But the oldest video is the worst and cringiest so that's the only one I'm never watching ever again (coz I want to take it down but I still want it up - contradicting myself) hah.