sparkypi

Hey guys, my channel is a gaming channel, but those videos are difficult and take hours to make, even for a junk practice round. I want to work on my skills all the time, so I made a secondary vlogging/challenge/etc. channel so I could use that to make short, easy-to-edit videos that would be good for practice.

There are a few problems holding me back from doing this:
1. I only have a webcam, so I'm restricted to my desktop.
2. Nobody around me who would be interested in co-starring, so this is gonna be a solo effort.
3. Hardly any community for viewer participation ideas (though I have plenty of ideas for this once I get a large enough community)
4. No ideas..

So do any of you have ideas for short solo desktop vlogs that anybody can do? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated by both me and anyone else with a similar problem who sees this post.

Depends what you wanna talk about. Could be about yourself, any weird dreams you had, games etc. Could maybe do vlogs on random stuff too but you would probs need to make it funny, depending on the topic.

Doing a serious vlog about cheese might be boring lol

I reckon anything relatable or even trivial would work well for solo vlogs! - Life Experiences, Work, Uni/School, Relationships, Hobbies, Likes/Dislikes, Humorous things!

I guess my suggestion is not really a "vlog" per se but I always find myself watching reviews. For example App reviews, movie reviews. etc :)

I know this isn't exactly what you are asking for, but maybe an idea to expand what you can do with your one webcam is get free screen capture software and use that to give yourself more options.

There are some free websites you can use to practice with. Not sure of the names of them, maybe others know.

Hope this helps.

I know this isn't exactly what you are asking for, but maybe an idea to expand what you can do with your one webcam is get free screen capture software and use that to give yourself more options.

There are some free websites you can use to practice with. Not sure of the names of them, maybe others know.

Hope this helps.
I use ScreenCast-O-Matic for my videos, its free and also browser based. You can start with that(screencast-o-matic.com)

Hope this helps.
It does kind of help. I currently have bandicam which I've used for one video, but even screen-capture stuff like that can take a while based on how you use it. Good idea though, I'll have to look for some good websites to make vlogs about. Thank you!

Back