Commenting on Even Smaller YouTubers' Videos?

Bixbe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
it does work for gaining a single subscriber but an inactive subscriber because they only subbed to you because you are another youtuber they didn't subscribe for your content. if you want to grow an audience you must work at it and share your videos all over reddit forums and youtube forums (like these)

Adelle

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I like that you guys think that being genuine in your comments is important.
I'm just tired of it happening to me. The not being genuine part.
Sometimes I feel like people just put on that "I wanna have a healthy community" facade just so people can like them and subscribe.
Sometimes you can feel the fake-ness, you know?

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's fair if you truly did like the other persons channel. I've had this happen to me before and I can usually tell if someone is bs or if it's real.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I comment on content I like. I don't care about the size of the YouTuber. It often feels like the smaller YouTuber puts more heart and soul into their content than bigger ones do. I vowed to never be like that. I push to produce the best content I can make with the means available to me. I don't have to worry about it for a fair bit, not big at all. But anyway, I digress... Yes, totally leave comments on both big and small YouTubers. it's the content that counts!

Reactions: Adelle

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think if you honestly like the video, comment on it saying you like it. It makes that other youtubers day. Now sure they may check you out because of it but don't do it for that. It's really spammy and annoying if you think that they'd do the same to you.

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It happens sometimes but I don't like it :/ I go to a smaller youtuber sometimes, give feedback, tell them I subbed because I like their content, but for some reason I guess they feel the need to sub back to not seem rude :/ I mean I love subscribers, but I don't wanna force people into subbing to me just because I subbed to them :( I treat the people I sub to just like any other youtuber, big or small :(

Reactions: Adelle

DoodlingCats

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hello ! Really good question. So far it didnt happen to me (at least, I think so!) I do believe it's more than okay to comment on small youtubers if you DID really enjoy the comment ! Also, I really try to go for channel in the same vibe of me when I do comment. (For example, someone doing an art tutorial or something). I won't go comment on a COD Gaming channel for exemple (unless I like the personality) because I'm not into that game ! :)

Adelle

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
It happens sometimes but I don't like it :/ I go to a smaller youtuber sometimes, give feedback, tell them I subbed because I like their content, but for some reason I guess they feel the need to sub back to not seem rude :/ I mean I love subscribers, but I don't wanna force people into subbing to me just because I subbed to them :( I treat the people I sub to just like any other youtuber, big or small :(
Really? That's very interesting!~
I usually took it that people said they sub in the comments to attract attention to themselves.
I'll look at it a different way now. ^^