Channel review - how can I improve my channel?

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the videos are solid, although the content doesn't interest me I still found them engaging.
The best videos are the ones that are edited with a faster pacing and less moments of silence of dead air. I also prefer the videos that have a backing track playing throughout.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to give them all a faster pacing. All the videos have a track playing throughout, but maybe in some of them the volume is too low... I'll keep it up :biggrin::biggrin:

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I thought it was very professional how you showed the differences in each phase of makeup application. Also, rather than a tutorial made by someone like they were cramming for a test, your videos have a more story like quality to them that flows from one segment to the next very fluidly. That was different and very cool. Your English is clear and easy to understand. Sound and picture are great. Your last two thumbs are much easier to read, but I liked the stars on your "Brown Toned" video thumb. Having them surrounding the words on your newer thumbs might add a whimsical finishing touch. I also really liked how you listed out all the products you used in the video. Don't know if that's normal for the beauty genre but, it was cool. And links in the description to leap your video to particular segments was an awesome idea.

The only things I would change, and this is just my opinion, would be:

1. Your banner... replace your first photo so it's not the same as your profile photo, and ...add your name to your banner!
2. Your Twitter link... @Baylze found if you remove the "S" from the HTTPS in your Twitter link, the Twitter icon will appear instead of the grey globe.
3. Create a Playlist... (or two) doing it now will get you used to doing it. I have a fraction of your views and some do come from my one playlist.
4. Clean your room... just sayin', lol.

Even if you did nothing different you've got great videos and that's what counts!
Wow, that's an indepth review, thank you so much!
I'm really trying to improve my thumnails, but I find it the hardest since I have no design skills whatsoever... I suppose I'll get better with practice.
The list of the product is actually something that a lot of people do, but I just thought it was a must for me :biggrin:

Continuing with you numbering:
1. I already added name and video uploading schedule to the banner. It's pretty simple, but until I get another idea it does the job.
2. THANKS. I wasted a whole afternoon looking to solve this :(
3. Will do!
4. I know :confused::confused:

Thanks again![DOUBLEPOST=1490302585,1490302438][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just to hopefully add something new here I would suggest including your upload schedule on your channel banner and trying to focus a little more on branding who you're doing these tutorials for and what kind of makeup tutorials people can expect! Consistency is king. You are doing great work!
Thanks! I already changed my banner, but I feel it still needs a little bit of work. I hadn't really thought about the branding, that is something I'm new at and I think it's going to be tricky, but I'll get there :furious:

Thanks for the feedback!!!

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should try using better titles like:
"How to _____ (Makeup Guide)"
A lot of people searching for your topic will likely be using "how to..." or "how do I..." in their searches, so that may help.

Also, makeup guide or makeup tutorial is good to add because people will be searching for "makeup" more than the specific type (light bronze, for example), so it gives you an additional chance at showing up for searches and appearing as a suggested video on other makeup videos from other channels.

I also recommend the AdWords Keyword Research Tool by Google so you can see what exact phrases people are searching for the most. For example, you can find out if bronzing how-to videos are searched more or less than eyeliner guides. It's a great tool that I use to plan future videos and also to pick crafty titles and tags... that's why most of my views come from searches and suggested videos... it's basically SEO (search engine optimization), but for YouTube! :)

Reactions: Lauramillanmu

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Am I the only one who finds it odd that no women have chimed in to help??

:O_o2:

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should try using better titles like:
"How to _____ (Makeup Guide)"
A lot of people searching for your topic will likely be using "how to..." or "how do I..." in their searches, so that may help.

Also, makeup guide or makeup tutorial is good to add because people will be searching for "makeup" more than the specific type (light bronze, for example), so it gives you an additional chance at showing up for searches and appearing as a suggested video on other makeup videos from other channels.

I also recommend the AdWords Keyword Research Tool by Google so you can see what exact phrases people are searching for the most. For example, you can find out if bronzing how-to videos are searched more or less than eyeliner guides. It's a great tool that I use to plan future videos and also to pick crafty titles and tags... that's why most of my views come from searches and suggested videos... it's basically SEO (search engine optimization), but for YouTube! :)
Thanks!! I'll try to include that in my titles and I'll be totally using the AdWords tool :giggle:

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks!! I'll try to include that in my titles and I'll be totally using the AdWords tool :giggle:
Yeah no problem!
I hope it helps you figure out what topics are the most popular, month to month :)
Also doing "Sexy HolidayNameHere Makeup Tutorial" types of videos may be good if you do it a week or two before the holiday. Maybe mix the makeup with a cool outfit

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah no problem!
I hope it helps you figure out what topics are the most popular, month to month :)
Also doing "Sexy HolidayNameHere Makeup Tutorial" types of videos may be good if you do it a week or two before the holiday. Maybe mix the makeup with a cool outfit
Sure! I'm planning on doing tutorials for each holiday, I love to watch them so I might as well record them :biggrin: I'm not that good with outfits, but I could try! Thanks!

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Lauramillanmu "looks awful, i know, but trust me" <3<3 i love your personality and its good that after only a few videos, you speak so confidently as you apply makeup. I looked away for a second and when i looked back you had mascara on already and then said "and then go in with eye lashes" and i was like WTF? you didnt have them on already?? those eye lashes are crayyyy.

I think you're doing quite well with channel development including your branding. If youre looking for more traffic to your channel, you'll probably need to do more advertising and promotion on other social media :3

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Lauramillanmu "looks awful, i know, but trust me" <3<3 i love your personality and its good that after only a few videos, you speak so confidently as you apply makeup. I looked away for a second and when i looked back you had mascara on already and then said "and then go in with eye lashes" and i was like WTF? you didnt have them on already?? those eye lashes are crayyyy.

I think you're doing quite well with channel development including your branding. If youre looking for more traffic to your channel, you'll probably need to do more advertising and promotion on other social media :3
Thank you!! I really try to seem confident, but I still struggle :crying: My lashes do seem bigger in the video than in real life (I have a friend that literally has natural dramatic false lashes and I'm so jealous...). I'll try to do more promotion, I've already created a twitter account for the channel and I have an Instagram account, but I feel like they don't really do much... Any other options??

Thank you so much for the feedback <333
(btw you're so cute in your videos and I LOVE your banner)

Reactions: CountingStars

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you!! I really try to seem confident, but I still struggle :crying: My lashes do seem bigger in the video than in real life (I have a friend that literally has natural dramatic false lashes and I'm so jealous...). I'll try to do more promotion, I've already created a twitter account for the channel and I have an Instagram account, but I feel like they don't really do much... Any other options??

Thank you so much for the feedback <333
(btw you're so cute in your videos and I LOVE your banner)
Its okay, with the confidence thing, itll come with time xD and some people go on to make facebook and what they do is follow a bunch of people on all their other social medias to be able to get notifications about your video uploads. Lots of people push the tags and needing to improve on them. I.e. if you were to make a video on applying mascara, your tag shouldnt be "applying mascara" it should be things like "apply mascara like a pro" "mascara application hacks" or something that is a little more specific and people would type in search bar :3 "easy steps to applying mascara" "applying mascara for dummies" LOl.

and aww thank you for viewing of channel <3